Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Plan Your Blue & Gold Dinner NOW! Entertainer for Hire! (Cub Scouts, Pack Leaders, Den Mothers, Boy Scouts of America)

I know it seems too early to think about such things now, with Thanksgiving and the holidays in the forefront of our minds and all. However, 2007 is almost here. Take a look at your calendar. It is closer than you think. Once the year ends many moms & dads who are active in the Cub Scout world get stuck with the arduous task of trying to find fun, affordable, and professional entertainment for their pack's upcoming Blue & Gold Dinner.

I know I've talked about these events in the past. I can't stress enough the importance of booking your talent early and this blog post can be very helpful in getting the word out.

Pack leaders, den mothers, scout masters...LISTEN UP! If you wait until after the new year it will become harder and harder for you to find high-quality entertainement for your event. Why? Because many of the high-quality acts (let's say...my own), get other bookings. Most all of the better acts out there book far in advance. Sometimes by groups like yours, other times they are for different organizations altogether. The fact is, the good acts work a lot. The bad acts...not so much (especially when people see exactly what they're paying for).

If you're committed to the scouting program and your children enough to be a den leader or any other position within the Cub Scouts, you owe it to yourself to provide the best programs for your kids that you can find. The best way to go about this is to do your homework and book a good act early.

I realize this is a self-serving post. I want to be the person you call for your events. In fact, every year I am busier and busier and find that I don't get to do as many of these events as in the past because of this growing popularity. Yes, I am happy for the work and I always hope for the bigger and better events. However, I would much rather you book me now, than have to disappoint you later. Every year I find myself having to refer folks looking to make their Blue & Gold Dinner a fun event to other qualified entertainers. I always refer people as professional and entertaining as myself. More often than not, the sheer fact that I know these people to be as good as they are means that many of them are already booked. You, the poor den mother, someone who's probably never had to try and find an entertainer before your kid got into the Cub Scouts, ends up finding some awful act who charges you for too much money for far too little entertainment.

So please, if you are finding this blog and you're involved with scouts in any capacity, pass along my information to whomever is booking the Blue & Gold Dinner in your group (Generally running anytime from January through March) or any other scouting events (jamborees, monthly pack meetings, etc.). I can provide you with plenty of promotional materials and testimonials to help make your decision easier.

In fact, let me reprint one great testimonial I received from a scouting group not too long ago.

"Andy was hired for a Boy Scout 50th anniversary celebration. Current scouts, past Eagle scouts and their young families, cub scouts and leaders of all ages from the last 50 years were in attendance.

All I can say is WOW! The children, the Boy Scouts, the young parents, the older parents, the empty nesters, the Pastors; EVERYONE was thoroughly entertained and gave me feedback of "EXCELLENT" on hiring him.

I would recommend him for any type of event. Good clean fun and entertainment. He is quite a comedian along with his acts. No one should hesitate in hiring him.

DiAnn Behrens, 50th Anniversary Coordinator, Troop 92, Lake Zurich, IL
--D B.
Lake Zurich, IL"


My Website: www.andymartello.com
My E-mail : andy@andymartello.com
My Phone: 630-665-6508
My Rates: You simply have to contact me to find out. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home