Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Andy Martello's Plate-Spinning Act: Old School. New Vaudeville


Oh yeah! Who doesn't like new promo photos?

Speaking of plate-spinning, I finally got around to editing down an mp3 file from the Bob & Tom radio show.

You may recall that some time ago the well-known radio duo was rather jokingly discussing having a plate-spinner perform at their Christmas shows, starting in late November. Well, November is here and I don't seem to have any bookings for the boys. So we can safely assume that they were not only poking fun at my profession (And really...Who wouldn't?), but they also had no intention of bringing a plate-spinner along for the ride. Notice how I don't even allow for the possibility of them hiring a different plate-spinner. That would be just too cruel.

If you want to e-mail them and bug them about hiring me, that's always appreciated.

In any event you can now listen to the segment by clicking here. I may take this link down before too long to keep my hosting account from charging me extra moolah.

If anyone can help me turn a .WMA file into an mp3 I can post a segment of me discussing Louie Louie and plate-spinning (there's a combo!) on the Steve Dahl show. Somehow when I saved the show it didn't save as an mp3 and now I can't do anything with the file. It keeps opening up in Sonic Stage and I've no freaking clue on how to use that crap. So any techno help...Call me.

HEY! While you're listening to things, don't forget to listen to "We Got Nothin'", the latest podcrap from myself and Golfwidow. It's big silly fun all wrapped up in convenient mp3 form.

So far we have one reasonably close guess on my silly anniversary contest. If you need another hint...[sigh!]...the anniversary pertains to something I've blogged about before. I'll still reveal the answer on the 18th and encourage you to continue guessing. I'm sure I've got some penguin things to toss into the crappy prize box.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Okay, I wrote to Bob and Tom. I also mentioned fire eating. And I'm still thinking about your anniversaries.

3:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you called the radio station and offered your services? One on air phone call would net you some killer publicity.

Just sayin'

5:06 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Honestly, calling in to the show wouldn't do much more than get a few more hits at the website and the blog. I've been on a few popular radio programs and if they're not seriously talking to someone with the intention of promoting them, you get more of the curious Howard Stern kind of snarky fan. That, or teenagers wanting to make a prank phone call to a juggler.

But B&T did get a copy of the press kit and a video. I didn't have any illusions that they were serious anyway. But I did have need for a day's worth of content here, and that was more than accomplished.

:)

10:33 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

Have you tried importing the .wma into Audacity and saving it as an .mp3?

3:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home