Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, March 03, 2006

Holy Reminder, Batman!

Do I still have to pay?  I AM Jesus, after all.After my Ash Wednesday post came out (which is being reprinted at e-pauly, and linked at Lolllygaggin) I figured I'd be receiving my First Class ticket to Hell in the mail. So far, I ruffled a few feathers, but for now, I think I managed to entertain more than offend.

For my newer readers, you may be surprised to know that I am likely to go to "Special Hell". Of course, if you've been reading for a long time you know that God and I have a "special relationship".

Here are some links to prove my point.

"Jesus Likes My Balls" - A story I wrote AFTER being inspired by this blog post, which was begat by a post from Kim at Bacon & Eh's. WHEW!

With the beginning of Lent we all eagerly await the return of Easter. So does Jesus, who has been suffering with chronic back pain for years!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

I love tht Ash Wednesday piece, Andy. You are the most fearless comic writer I've ever met! You know I totally agree with your take on Catholics but I'd be too chicken shit to write about it. I get enough shit about Sr. Mary confusing.

5:08 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

I'm not fearless, Bud, but thanks for thinking so. I'm usually terrified thinking about the reactions to things I write or say on stage, as many of them dance over the line a bit.

I just hope that the humor is strong enough to make a difficult point seem more palatable. I try to have enough of a nod & a wink to it that if they really don't like the message they can just assume I'm little more than a smart-ass. That way they can still laugh without liking me.

Plus it helps when you're not widely read or well known. Much easier to be "fearless" when there's no hope of anyone reading your work. LOL!

And if people don't like Sister Mary Confusing then perhaps Catholic school nuns shouldn't beat the crap out of kids with metal rulers. ;)

9:22 AM

 
Blogger Pammy said...

Hey...ya know hangin around on those crucifixes is hard on the ole spine.

Oooo...I'm gonna get some hate mail over THAT one, I'll betcha. Hey. If Andy can say "Jesus Likes My Balls", I can say that, can't I?

7:47 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Don' worry, Pammy. I only have about 20 loyal readers so there's little chance anyone will see your comment, much less get angry about it. ;)

7:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home