Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, November 10, 2006

The New Podcast is Up! - We Got Nothin'

You know, literally millions of people have been bugging me via e-mail & phone calls wondering WHEN will the next

be online. When I say "millions" I really mean, "about three".

Well kids, you can hear the first of several new podcasts RIGHT NOW!
This first one is titled, "We Got Nothin'" because we managed to successfully talk for over 20 minutes, seemingly about nothing. Now bear in mind that when most other people talk about nothing, they have nothing to say. When we talk about nothing we are saying something funny and entertaining. So go listen to our nothing and hear something you've been missing. Bear in mind there are some naughty words so if you listen at work, use headphones.

I should also mention something our new sponsor, DJ Fred Stadtler
(he really needs a website for me to plug), told me.

This is called a "podcast" because that's the most commonly-used term. However you do not need an iPod, nor do you need any special portable mp3-playing equipment in order to listen to this. I suppose this is really a "netcast" or even a "webcast", but if we call it either of those things people with iPods will get pissed because they think they can't listen to us. So let me just say...

ANYONE CAN LISTEN TO THIS PROGRAM!

If you are reading this you obviously have a computer and it is likely you can listen to an mp3 (Windows Media Player, Real Player, etc.). You don't need an iPod, but if you have one you can subscribe and get our program sent to you every time it is up there.

Moving on...

OK, this is either really cool or really awful that nobody has been able to muster up a correct guess in my silly blog contest. I mean...Cool because people are guessing and comments are being left. Awful because anyone who reads this blog regularly SHOULD be able to figure it out or at least get in the ball park with a guess. I'll choose to keep it on the cool side instead of assuming you're all just here to be polite.

I wonder what would happen if I actually had a cool prize to give away. If I get no correct guesses by today I'll try to find a good prize to really inspire you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spook said...

The whole "netcast" thing is because Apple has become increasingly litigious towards people using "pod" in their software. Generally, I think it's a better name because there is the whole "podcasts need an iPod" misconception and "netcast" is less cumbersome than the generic "online radio show".

I've added your (pod|net|whatever)cast to the program I use for such things, and might even hear it within the next week...

2:36 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

I understand wanting to protect your brand names. However, when Mark Curry or Adam whoever the fuck (some long thought dead VeeJay) started in with the whole Podcast revolution, THAT was the time to chime in with some sort of action.

Of course, back then, Apple was so happy to see someone using their technology to create a new form of communication (translation: revenue) they were all too happy to hear about "podcasts".

Anyway, hope you enjoy listening to what I like to call our podcrap.

2:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home