Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, June 23, 2006

Subject: An Article I wrote About Samson for The Cheers

That's the subject line of an e-mail I received this week from a man who worked for a video production company in Wisconsin. The story? "Samson". The rest of the story? Read the e-mail.
(Links are added for your reading and viewing pleasure.)

Good morning Andy,

You still have the Orange!?!?!

I found your article very interesting. Our production company is
currently with the Milwaukee Public Museum on a documentary idea about
Samson. They currently have his skeletal remains and are working on a
large Gorilla exhibit - the centerpiece, of course, will be Samson -
the taxidermist is working on a VERY lifelike recreation right now!

I enjoyed the story - it could be a fun to weave the story throughout
the "historical" elements of the documentary - in the end , the Museum
want's to give kids the ability to see what you were witness to - the
sheer size of Samson and the enjoyment he brought to people.

By the way, Sam LaMalfa is very involved in this project - I'll pass
along your article if he hasn't seen it yet.

We're still in the fund raising stage, but the exhibit is set to open
early next year, so we don't have a lot of time...

I'll keep you posted, that Orange could be very important... please
don't eat it!

Andy & Samson...sort of.You may recall that since writing that piece for The Cheers I've had a few different intriguing responses, including a small mention in a Milwaukee Magazine article. This new development could be the most exciting thing to happen since I fed that great ape all those years ago.

I'll be sure to keep you posted!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I protected that ossified orange all those years for some reason!
Mom

6:36 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

That's so awesome. I love the Samson story and I'm loving that it's an ongoing saga.

11:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home