Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Monday, January 09, 2006

Odds & Ends

Just doing a little blog-whoring in gratitude for the blog-whoring done on my behalf by some other bloggers recently.

Awhile back I found out I was mentioned in the Church of Klugman blog, along with fellow entertainers Jack Klugman (obviously) and U2's front man, Bono. I can honestly say that I have never been included in such an eclectic mix of entertainers before. If I have and I'm not aware of it, then surely I was not also given a passive aggressive stop smoking sermon at the same time. For no other reason this post remains unique to me, if not also a little misguided.

Gordon was kind enough to mention my recent post about the things you'll never hear Dr. Phil say. In fact, Gordon mentions my blog and my entertainment services often so he is truly a most excellent guy. He's always trying to get me work, somebody should give him a job. Go read Blog THIS, Pal and then contact Gordon, offering him gainful employment, comic books, Doctor Who items - whatever.

That Dr. Phil post has been quite popular. Presumably from Gordon's recommendation, the Delenda Est Carthago blog was kind enough to mention it as well. Who knew I was funny enough to tell your friends? It was because of this blog that I found out the Jive Dudes from "Airplane!", one of the funniest films of all time, have a website. For that I am grateful. The blog-whoring is just icing on the cake. Many thanks!

Based on the popularity of the Dr. Phil post I'm going to try to do a list of ten things every Tuesday. I think I'll call it, "Ten Things Tuesday". If they're funny, fantastic! This won't necessarily be a Top Ten list as I have no intention of ranking them in any way. Of course, if someone from the Late Show Starring David Letterman would like to take a gander at my work, see how freakin' hee-larious I am and offer me a writing job, that's fine as well. Hell, they still owe me a shot spinning plates on Letterman, don't they?

Next, I've seen interest in forming/joining the Fat-Ass Bloggers Fit Club, but I see nobody posting their weigh-in totals or their goals. I never got around to creating any rules or anything so I forgive you. Here's all ya need to join.

  1. Tell the world your current weight and be honest
  2. Tell us your goal weight
  3. Do the math and figure out how many pounds per month, over the next 12 months you will need to lose to make that happen.
  4. Weigh yourself once a week and post your weigh-in totals.
  5. Tell others about Fat-Ass Bloggers Fit Club, referencing this post or the post that started it all.

You are on the honor system here. There's no prize or anything so there's no need to lie. If you're lying about your weight for vanity's sake then you are a complete moron already and you deserve the diabetic coma you're working towards by not giving this a shot. OK, that's harsh. Even I lie on my driver's license...but I tell them I'm a 6 foot, five inch black man named Mandingo. Not the same. ;)

See you tomorrow for the first official, "Ten Things Tuesday"

January 9, 2006 Weigh-in

236 pounds

Net Loss: 4 lbs

Not bad. Lots of freshly-squeezed fruit juices, water, and healthier home-cooked meals. No biggie.

4 Comments:

Blogger sue said...

CONGRATS! 4 lbs already? That's terrific!

Shit. Do I have to say how much I weigh??? I'll work on that. I have to get my brave face on... Remember, it's always harder for women then men. Always.

Looking forward to the Tuesday list!

6:53 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

It may be harder to admit what your weight is publicly, but everything else is pretty much on an even keel. Don't rely on an excuse. Rely on yourself.

You can see in your comment that you've already resigned to failure and worse, put unnecessary pressure on yourself, which is completely against what my Stress-Free Weight Loss post was all about. No pressure.

Do your best or don't do anything. No skin off my back. You have to do it because you want to, not because I said so. ;)

Men naturally gain at least one pound every year after the age of 30, regardless of what they do to take care of themselves. That pound is extremely hard to get off, especially if you wait ten or more years to tackle it.

Do the simple things mentioned in my first post and you'll be surprised at how easy it is. The hard part is not freaking out if you lose weight one week and gain it the next. Don't focus solely on the weight loss and continue to live a normal life (with minor adjustments).

Remember, if you change these simple things over the course of a full year you have a much better chance of changing the bad habits that got you in this situation in the first place. Plus, by dividing your weight loss goals over 12 months you have lots of "wiggle room". You post your weight and your achievements for us to give you the pat on the back or support you need.

I'm doing it regardless of if you can feel comfortable posting your weight on your blog. My weight loss has nothing to do with you. It's just nice to share success with other people doing the same.

11:57 AM

 
Blogger Roxy said...

Yeah, well, I'm still not posting my weight. Though I'll follow unofficially and celebrate at the end of the year!

12:02 PM

 
Blogger Greg said...

I've been doing this every month for a year - I don't think I could do every week, because your weight does fluctuate week-to-week.

I found you a while ago, actually - probably through Gordon, but it wasn't just from the Top Ten. I've been reading your adventures for a few months.

3:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home