Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, September 15, 2005

In Honor of the Religious Freaks at blogPsot.com

Thinking about my last post, I thought I'd remind all of you of a great little article I wrote some time back, "Jesus Likes My Balls!", originally published in The Cheers.

You can also read the blog post that inspired the long-form column found in The Cheers.

Yep. I'm going to Hell.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

I remember that. You were rather easy on the guy. I kept waiting for a total lampoon of his art. Very funny piece. Just one more illustration of how we are all obsessed with something.

7:18 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

April thought I was too easy on the guy too. I looked at it from the point of view of the artist. Nobody wants to hear their art trashed, even if it deserves a trip to the garbage can once in awhile. He is certainly a well-intentioned guy and doesn't deserve any wrath.

However, taking the art, exploiting the similarities to me in the juggler photo, making fun of my own promo, and using the illustrations as a conduit to the "LOOK OUT, JESUS!" story seems to serve a few purposes, including poking fun at the artist.

8:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get accustomed to the smell.

;-)

2:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, I checked out that site...I think the freakiest picture is the Student on the second page.

However, I did find it comforting that just like I do, Jesus likes to partake in a GIGANTIC cup o' joe while shootin' the shit with "upper management" in the sketch called Executive.

However, I have to say, these sketches are pretty good - artistically speaking...he's got the shadows spot-on!

2:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home