Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Monday, August 15, 2005

Shakespeare's Not Dead

He's just been watching way too much American television.

I can't get enough of this site. New link partner, Shakespeare's not Dead continues to make me giggle with the many clever and oddly disturbing poems within. In some strange way, this site reminds me of the equally bizarre, Fat Chicks in Party Hats. I don't know why. Hmmm.

Jose seems to have been irreversibly damaged by American television programs, as you will plainly see when you read his poetry. The Love Boat, Star Trek, Hill Street Blues, and the evil mastermind, Mickey Mouse all play a part in this man's eclectic world. I am hopeful you will read his work and enjoy it as much as I do.

Currently my favorite work is titled, "Nobody Reads Poetry".

I don't write much poetry. That's probably because when I do it turns out...wrong somehow.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Normally I don't like poetry and Harriet Wheeler of The Sundays put it exactly the way I would have said it:

"and I keep hoping you are the same as me
and I'll send you letters and come to your house for tea
we are who we are, what do the others know
but poetry is not for me, so show me the way to go
home"

HOWEVER, this guy's website you've featured is hilarious and really smart - I'm bookmarking it!!

7:29 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

There is a touch of irony involved with quoting someone else's poetry/lyrics to illustrate why you don't like poetry.

;)

8:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I know this much is true."

~Spandau Ballet

8:49 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

OK, now that's just sad. LOL!

9:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey... you are talking about me, aren't you?
andy, you're a nice man.
i love you.
;)

1:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home