Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Monday, May 09, 2005

Prepare to Be Underwhelmed...My Second Business Card!

WOW! Check Out Those KICK-ASS Graphics!


I've been on something of a framing and archiving kick around here lately. It all started with my posting of Random Celebrity Photos & Memories. Somewhere along the line I decided that I should actually go through some of my boxes of old crap and start actually framing or doing SOMETHING with my various photos, programs, and what-nots.

So, in doing the sorting and the opening of boxes I came across this,

MY SECOND BUSINESS CARD!

Actually this is my second & THIRD business card. I used the same design through two different addresses. Regardless, I haven't shared any juggler/performer memories in some time and I know Kim likes this stuff, so here ya go.

If you've been around long enough you may recall seeing the stellar artistry and utterly lame description of my act when I posted a scan of my FIRST BUSINESS CARD last year. I'd love to say that this "new" card was a vast improvement, and I recall thinking it WAS in fact, a great card at the time. However, in retrospect I am quite certain that this card was, alas, also lame!

This time I was the artist behind the fine graphics represented here. At least twice I drew something for my cards and since I have really no artistic ability, this was certainly a bad idea. Notice how all I have to say about my act is, "CLOWN/JUGGLER". I guess I was so good, that was all you needed to figure out what I did. But DAMN! I sure made room for the graphics and my address! I even had this design turned into stationery and everything. Lord!

I've always been quite bad at keeping up with the reordering of promotional materials. Honestly, sometimes YEARS would go by without a reorder of basic business cards! I always seemed to be out of money when I needed the cards. Being a complete moron, I'd decide to wait for the next gig to get some cash and place an order, forgetting I have OTHER bills to pay. I of course also forgot that I wouldn't be getting any new gigs without any more promo. Next thing ya knew, I'm the manager at a KayBee Toy Store!

I am quite surprised I have any of these cards left. I'm hopeful I'll find one with the previous address on it, not that it matters since the design is the same and I edited the address & phone number out of the scan. For posterity's sake I mean.

I am more than confident that I have no copies of my FOURTH business card anywhere. I have distinct memories of shit-canning the remainder of those cards when I moved. I would LOVE to find out that someone reading this, being an Andy Martello stalker and all, might have a copy of my "Random Juggling & Inspirational Entertainment" issue business card, and would like to send it to me. Somehow I doubt this will happen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Uh, is the fourth card the one with you spreading chlamydia to a penguin?

5:56 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

I tried to bid on that card, Jade. Shoulda known it was you. The screen name was "OnTopOfOldAndy". ;)

Bud, you're thinking of my collector's cards. I'm talking about simple business cards.

More to the point, NEXT year's collector's card will feature the penguin from 2005's card and me giving it chlamydia.

7:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home