Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Monday, November 08, 2004

Been Going Through Some Boxes of OLD CRAP!

Magic AND Card Tricks??? NOOOOO! BEHOLD! Right there, before your very eyes, sits the birth of a pathetic but enjoyable career. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, THIS is my very first business card!

I know what you're thinking. You're wondering just how on Earth have I managed to remain so relatively unknown even though I had such a professional looking business card. It boggles my mind too! How could I be so poor and anonymous to this day? I mean, really, LOOK at that slick marketing and craftsmanship. That card just SCREAMS, "FUTURE SUPERSTAR!"

This is probably the last one of these little gems in existence. My parents gave me these as a Christmas or birthday present back when I was 15 or so. They spent a few bucks on getting me some of my very first promo pieces in order to support my future. Isn't that sweet?

Actually, I think this was a gift from my sister. The promo gift pack from mom & dad didn't come until after this! I'll have to scan those and show them to you another time. Yeah, I remember now...

I was going to do my first "professional" gig, which was a church craft fair. My sister, Lisa, booked me and I juggled all day for about $15.00 (a cut of the profits made at her own craft booth!).

As it turned out the cash was not the only incentive for this glamour gig. Lisa bought me the business cards beforehand so I'd have something to hand out to people at the fair and use that opportunity to promote my services. She even designed the fancy artwork on the card. I think the cards were more expensive than my juggling services!

Later I placed an ad in some local paper and got a few birthday party gigs. The ad was basically a scan of the business card. OK, maybe the ad came first and then the business cards, but in any event these cards were a gift from my sister and I guess they did the job just fine because I'm still making money at this entertainment thing.

The real question here is, who the hell was the "Company" in "Andy and Company"? I had no partners, no staff, NOTHING! Did I come up with that name to sound infinitely more important than I actually was? What a total crock!

And is there really any difference between "magic" and "card tricks"? Come to think of it...I don't really KNOW any magic or card tricks other than one trick I learned that same year. THIS was enough to advertise? Oh man I am glad I am not that kid anymore!

WOW! There's some silly nonsense that is perfect for the young Andy Martello STALKER-FAN! That was fun! I think for the next few weeks I'll post some other fine bits of my past and we can all point and laugh at me in unison!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home