Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Monty Python's SPAMALOT!

Best Musical Souvenir EVER!

Yesterday my wife and I were fortunate enough to see Monty Python's SPAMALOT! We'd made it a goal to see the show last year when we first heard about it and DAMN are we glad we made this happen!

I know my opinion doesn't matter for much. I mean, I am NO Larry King! But if you'll indulge me.

This is a genuine treat! Extremely funny and very entertaining. Even the folks who have never heard of Monty Python (Yes, there ARE some out there! Very sad!) will enjoy this production. There is enough Python for the true fans and enough other genuinely great humor and music for the hardcore Broadway freaks.

What I liked best about this was how they made fun of Broadway musicals and maintained a general sense of Monty Python silliness. There is no doubt in my mind that this will be a successful endeavor for Eric Idle.

More importantly, they have the BEST souvenirs! Check out the photo of the collectible can of SPAM! I'm sure that they tried a similar promotion when doing Sweeney Todd or Cats, but the FDA & USDA probably had a fit!

They sold coconut shells for folks who wanted to simulate horses galloping, great t-shirts, DVDs, and of course the SPAM. Lots of fun for everyone.

I liked the original material even more than the classic lines and routines from the film. Tim Curry, David Hyde Pierce, and Hank Azaria were all excellent. The supporting cast should all be stars after this run. It was a great time for everyone. If it ever leaves Broadway (after its DEBUT run in Chicago...We're so cool!) I highly recommend you check it out!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home