Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Real Reviews from Real People: Afternoon Comedy magic Show Starring Spike and Hammer

Got an email from Scott, a man who saw our show with his wife this past Thursday and truly loved it.

He told us he'd posted a review on City-Data.com, a travel/city info site he frequents.


I really love it when we strike such a powerful chord with our audience. I know not all reviews will be this great, but it is sure heart-warming when they are.


Thanks, Scott!


Spike & Hammer - A Fantastic Show Downtown


As you know, I'm relatively new to Vegas, so some of you may already be aware of this, but I wanted to advise everyone of a fantastic afternoon show at the Four Queens downtown: Spike & Hammer. These guys put on a hilarious comedy magic act in the LA Comedy Showroom at 4:00pm.

First of all, let me emphasize that I am not usually a fan of magic acts, and would never spend good (or bad) money to see a magician. And in fact, going to the show yesterday was not my idea, but I was with a group of people who wanted to see it, so I figured that I would suffer through it for what I thought would be a poor-to-mediocre 30-45 minute magic show. Boy, was I wrong!

From the opening minutes, this show was a non-stop laugh riot, pausing only for some serious magic acts where laughter would not be appropriate. There was also a lot of audience participation (including my wife and myself) in the acts that added to the great time had by all. Spike and Hammer are both funny and talented, and are very personable, as demonstrated by their constant interaction with the audience.

We've spent hundreds of dollars for tickets to shows on the Strip and not had as enjoyable a time as we had yesterday afternoon for a fraction of the cost. Regular price for the tickets is only $14.95, although our group had received discount coupons that were being handed out at the entrance to the Four Queens on Fremont Street that reduced the cost to $9.95, which included a drink from the bar in the showroom.

The only disappointing aspect of the afternoon was the small size of the audience. I don't think that there were more than 30-40 in attendance. But I guess that is understandable given that I, myself, had to be coerced into going. But that was just because I was clueless as to how good the show was going to be. These guys definitely deserve a larger audience and I am doing my part to make it so! If you go to the show based on my recommendation, not only do I guarantee that you won't be sorry, I'll wager that you'll come back to this board and post a thank-you to me!

I know that whenever we have visitors in the future, we will definitely take them to see Spike & Hammer. In fact, we may not even wait for visitors; next time we're downtown we'll probably drop in to see them again. And this time, I won't need to be coerced!

If you're interested in seeing a little something of what I've been raving about, here's a link I came across to a short video on their own website:

Spike and Hammer Comedy Magic Promo Video

P.S. What I thought was going to be a 30-45 minute show, actually turned out to be almost an hour-and-a-half. Ten bucks, a drink, and 1 1/2 hours of entertainment!

Where else but in Vegas! God, I love this town!

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/las-vegas/995888-spike-hammer-fantastic-show-downtown.html#ixzz0q0ACgMcH

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home