Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, July 18, 2008

My 20th High School Reunion

Yep, I got a call from an old classmate from high school. It seems that the class of 1988, the single greatest example of unused potential in high school history, has a wild notion to have a 20th reunion.

Truthfully, the likelihood of my attending is heavy on the "none" side and barely listing towards "slim".
This has nothing to do with feeling old or any of that crap. I generally don't care one way or another about going. If I wanted to keep in touch with any of these folks I'd surely have done so. Curiosity is not a reason to attend such a thing.

I enjoy hearing from old classmates, but do I want to know what they look like now, learn how their lives have turned out, hear about how many kids they have? Fuck no. Good lord, NO!


And for the record I have no intentions of attending my 20th (and the school's 40th) reunion of the Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Clown College either. Again, I enjoy hearing from the folks when they seek me out, but attending a reunion of Clown College graduates? That's an even more repellant notion to me. I can't stand being around that many people who are in that much need for attention ya know? A lot of these folks have no idea when the show is over if you get my meaning. I went to a party of some CC grads here in Vegas, hoping to meet new people who could provide some help in getting work out here in Vegas. NOT. A. GOOD. IDEA.

Anyway, I am certain I'll be making my decision as I get closer to the date of the high school reunion. However I rather doubt I'll be going unless I am already in the area for work or something. Seriously, somebody actually called me and essentially asked this of me...

"Andy, would you like to leave vibrant, exciting, and scenic Las Vegas, Nevada, at your own expense, mind you, to return to the floundering micropolis known as Marengo, Illinois to hang out with people you haven't seen in 20 years?"


Am I a jerk? Hell yeah. Does any of this make sense even outside of Andy Land? MOST DEFINITELY!


And I own the copyright on the term "micropolis" so don't try and use it without crediting me ya thieving bastards!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger muthah said...

I just got an invite to my 56th reunion! Way? No way. My 40th was depressing enough.

3:28 AM

 
Blogger Bud said...

I've been t a few and it was nice but yeah, it's over.Next.

5:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home