Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Andy Martello In the New York Times! (PSST! Letterman! Over Here!)

(Click Images to Enlarge)


When I said yesterday I was in the New York Times I had no idea I was in THE New York Times!

When I stumbled upon the internet publication from the Times yesterday, they had not yet uploaded a screen capture from the commercial. Well, folks as it happens...


There's a picture of me in the
online version of the New York Times!

That got me thinking. They wouldn't just publish something on their Internet only, would they? Probably not. It would follow that at least the story would be in the actual paper. So I went out and found a copy of the paper at a local store here in Vegas and sure enough, on the front page of the business section...


The same story they have online. Nice!

If you notice, the story is continued on page seven. A quick flip or two over to page seven and you'll find...


I'M IN THE FREAKING
NEW YORK TIMES!

I know that the politics of it all can come back to haunt me, but this is pretty damn cool, right? Seriously, now! I can't believe this.


In the long run I believe this ad will do me and my performing career more good than harm. Most people know that actors and performers take the work that is offered to them and one's personal politics or beliefs don't usually come into play when doing these sorts of things. At least that's my hope.


It is rare that any sort of political ad makes even a ripple in the water. While this isn't quite "the red phone commercial" it is getting a ton of airplay in the targeted markets and generating some blogger buzz other than my own (good or bad...there's no such thing as bad publicity, right?). It will be interesting to see just how far this thing goes.


At the absolute least it may generate some additional (positive) press for me. Really, the folks at the Late Show with David Letterman might see the spot and decide, "Hey...that guy looks pretty good on TV. I wonder if he'd be willing to teach Stallone how to spin plates."



THIS JUST IN!


Check out the write-up in the
latest edition of Advertising Age

(Click the link for story)



It seems the Committee whipped this one through. Now we'll see how the House votes on this one. Good lord!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome Andy..Keep it up. In the meantime I am still doing my part to keep the buzz going by keeping this thing in circulation. K.I.T.

Chris Vespia(The King of Magic)
www.myspace.com/vespinator

1:26 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

Curse the time zones. They've already returned all of Wednesday's papers.

Or curse me, I should have stayed up later or gotten up earlier.

4:08 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Way to go, Andy! I had no idea you were "a Vaudeville style plate spinner". I thought you were "a cool dude who is an honest to God plate spinner", but News papers are not always accurate about the "Cool Factor", eh? Imagine what Sammy Davis Junior would say about this. I can hear the background music with Sammy on "The Candyman"! No, this won't haunt you. This will help you! "Hello? William Morris Agency? What is your FAX number?"

8:20 AM

 
Blogger Bud said...

This is just the best news ever! I'm really happy about this!

4:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home