Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, March 07, 2008

Look What Was Waiting for Me

Here is a rather lovely tree in bloom. Pretty isn't it?

This was what I saw when I returned from the snowy depths of Michigan. It had just started to bloom before I left and made itself all pretty for my return. NICE!

This is especially nice since I have had rather a difficult time keeping plants alive out here. The sprinkler system doesn't seem to really work properly (especially in the back of the house...lord knows if the almond tree is actually alive) and when I try to care for plants...well you can see the rather DEAD shrubbery next to this pretty tree.

I also am finding a rather cool assortment of plants growing in spite of my lackluster efforts to cultivate a pretty garden. I've no idea what this is...



...or this...

...and this little palm tree seems to be growing like mad and it gets absolutely no water at all (unless it is stealing from the hose when I'm not around. We may have to move this little guy elsewhere so it stands a better chance of becoming way cool looking. If it can grow without any help from me then it can surely live a happy life at another spot on the property.



Regardless, I have taken the absolute minimum amount of time to rake up dead leaves and pine needles and I'll probably plant something next to the mystery plants. We also have a rogue shrub growing in front of some healthier ones. I may dig him up and place him in the spot where the dead shrub currently resides.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This" appears to be a paper white or a dwarf lily of some kind and "or this" is a grape hyacinth.

4:30 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back, Andy!

5:21 PM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

The Mom asked me to have you post a closer picture of one of the blossoms on the tree. She recognized the white one as a lily and the purple one as the hyacinth.

7:31 AM

 
Blogger Bud said...

Glad your trip went well. Glad you're back and greeted by new flowers.

7:02 PM

 
Blogger sue said...

Lucky you... spring won't be bursting out around here for a few more weeks... *sigh*

3:19 PM

 
Blogger sue said...

Lucky you... spring won't be bursting out around here for a few more weeks... *sigh*

3:19 PM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Very pretty!

Love the "rogue shrub" ;-)

4:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home