Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Monday, February 04, 2008

Please Help Golfwidow

My good friend, talented writer, and podcast partner, Goflwidow has been downsized by the job she used to think was filled with awesome.

She's seriously living in the "FUCKED ZONE" right now. See, not only is she out of work, but her husband has been looking for a new job for some time as well.

She is terrified.

She is also too proud to beg in her time of need (unlike myself). Rather, she is offering to write guest posts on your blog for a donation of TWO DOLLARS. Don't believe me? Read the whole story here.

I've got a better solution. Buy a copy of her most excellent and very funny book, "Getting My Think On". She'll end up getting more cash and you'll get a much better understanding as to why she and I are friends and why I like her so much. If anything, you'll have a wonderful read and I assume that's why you stroll through blogs in the first place.

I'll be sending her some moolah on my own. She helped me out when my house blew up and even though she'll protest, I fully expect to return the kindness.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good idea, Andy! I've been meaning to order the book for ages.

And now I just did....

1:46 PM

 
Blogger Bud said...

I've done all of the above and will continue, of course.

4:25 AM

 
Blogger muthah said...

I just ordered the book.

Muthah

4:53 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

I do, indeed, protest.

But I also thank you.

8:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Protest not, GW! I've just bought her book and can't wait to get it. I've been meaning to buy it for ages. I HATE that she's going through this. You're a good friend, Andy.

6:51 PM

 
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

I too have helped because she is a friend. You are too.

6:52 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Andy: I was reading my own copy of "Getting My Think On" in a library (Do Not Attempt This) and was wheezing with laughter. The librarians were about to perform CPR. It's a HILARIOUS read and everyone with a sense of humor should read it.

7:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home