Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Leaving Las Vegas

Well, not forever. I'm heading to Michigan for a little over a week to do some gigs.

I'll be at the12 Oaks Mall in Novi, MI on March 1 between 9 AM and 7 PM. I'll be the one spinning plates.

on march 8th I will go to the Great Lakes Crossing Mall in Auburn Hills, MI to spin plates again from 10 AM to 7 PM.

In between I plan on visiting my younger brother and crashing at his place in the Ann Arbor area.

Good gig with a decent paycheck, something I can really use right now. March could be a good month for me. I'm still waiting to hear if I have a gig at the Mirage Events center on the 13th. I have a booking in Ham Lake, Minnesota on the 15th (another GOOD paycheck!) and I just got a call for a local event on the 22nd. Keeping all the fingers crossed so I can not only get all these gigs, but get some cash into the bank...pay some bills...buy some food...

In other news, I'm about 99% certain I saw Garrison Keillor and wife on the Strip tonight. I say 99% because not that many people look EXACTLY like the guy, but I can never picture Keillor actually IN a place like Vegas. But for the sake of saying I saw him...I saw him.

I didn't bother him nor did I break out my "Lake Please Be Gone" parody I occasionally spout out among friends. Everyone has a right to be alone and on vacation in Vegas so far as I can tell.

I apologize for the lack of posts of late. Just not a lot of motivation to bring on the writing or the funny I guess. Perhaps I'll have more to tell you when I'm freezing in the damn Midwestern snow.

4 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

The bad news is that we've just about decided we're not coming to Vegas to live. That Man said we could "try it for a few months" but I passionately hated the idea of his not liking it and deciding to move me again.

The good news is that, as soon as we can manage it financially, we are, indeed, coming to visit.

5:23 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Andy! Thanks! Now I've got Sheryl Crow stuck in my head (never a bad image giving that she's single and I...) well anyway "Leaving Las Vegas" sung by Sheryl. I don't thing Garrison would have minded. In fact, I long to see Robert Vaughan and his wife around here at lunch or dinner so I can walk up to his table and say something like: "To you this was a job. Nothing more. Were it more and had you the integrity thatI was led to believe..." Then Bwahaha!!!

Stay with it Andy. You are "back in the game" and it will only get better as you continue to make a name for yourself in Vegas. More people are familiar than you realize. Trust me.

3:20 PM

 
Blogger Bud said...

You and I both seem to understand that about leaving famous people be. Good for us! Glad the gigs are cming. You and I also know there are never enough of them.

How about an act where you spin plates at a place that makes or sells them?

10:57 AM

 
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I also just had a cool celebrity sighting...

Glad to hear you are busy and well!

5:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home