Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A New Year

Depending upon your perspective 2007 was either the best year or the worst year of my life. Regardless it may have been one of the longest and the shortest years of my life.

We only got to enjoy three full months of 2007 before everything changed. I can't even say we enjoyed all that much of those three months because much of that time was spent getting pissed about our apartment complex changing over to low income housing and forcing us to move out of our home of 5 years to find some other apartment. Little did we know.

In any event I'm very thankful to be living here in Las Vegas now. I would certainly like to be able to make a living as an entertainer again some time soon, but I am hopeful that will come.

I've no idea how the heck paying taxes this year will work out. Lord knows I don't need any tax headaches.

I'm still behind on getting my finances under control, which will be somewhat important if we really have any chance of actually buying this house we're living in now. Hell, I can't even be sure we want to buy a house since we never have any money and I understand that homes only cost you money all the time. I don't know.

What I do know is that 2007 was rather tough for us but it did prove to be "worth it" in the long run. Some of the year trod along at a snail's pace all while being nothing but a complete blur to me.

Happy NEW Year to all. Here's hoping for no natural disasters this year.


7 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

Actually, I figured I'd come stay with you guys, 'cos what are the odds now?

10:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, am glad to see 2007 go. What a freakin' roller coaster ride. Your travails, Mary's "little friend", my business partner almost kicking the bucket...the list just goes on. But, in the ultimate scheme of things, we are all still alive, healthy, and have a fighting chance of making '08 better.

7:00 PM

 
Blogger Bud said...

It's got to get better and it's a perfect time to buy if you can swing it. Property isn't gonna get much cheaper. I'm hoping there are no UNnatural disasters as well. Happy New Year!

3:55 AM

 
Blogger Julie said...

Happy New Year Andy. I hope 2008 brings you all you need! After last year, you deserve it.

11:22 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Andy: It WILL be better. Homes there are pretty steep. As long as you go West, Northwest or Southwest you are okay. Stay out of the East side altogether and to quote a James Bond movie you'll "Live to See Another Day". Wait a minute...was that a Bond movie? It is now! Happy New Year Andy!!!!!:D))

11:51 AM

 
Blogger sue said...

Happy new year, Andy! 2008 has GOT to be better for you!

1:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and April!

1:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home