Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, December 21, 2007

Funny Thing About Working At the Canyon

They have a whole western town set up here. Cattle drives, wagon rides, the works.

It would follow that there are also cowboys and staged gunfights in the street. So...

Whenever someone gets shot dead in the street here, the spectators always applaud.

When I die on stage, nobody claps. When somebody dies in cold blood before there very eyes...thunderous applause!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

I think you just wrote yourself a gag, here. How about rigging up one of those blood spurting devices they use in the movies. When a joke dies, you can fall limp on the floor and spurt blood. Just a thought.

3:57 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

Bud needs to get out of my head, although my thought was more, if a joke dies in Vegas, you can say, "You know, at least when I died at the Canyon they applauded me. Of course, I got killed in a bloody shootout ... is that what it's gonna take here?"

4:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess dying is kinda subjective ;-)

12:32 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

One thing I learned in radio is that when you're expecting a crowd of 100 and 4 people show up you tell everyone to clap extra- fast. This at least beats my old method of loudly impersonating a crowd by hissing with "HAAAAAAAA". The problem there is that you have to stop to breathe. That said, I'll clap for Andy Martello anytime!:)

2:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home