Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Saturday, November 24, 2007

MARK YOUR CALENDARS! Andy Martello On TV This December!

Among the things I have not been able to talk about since the apartment disaster and subsequent journey to Vegas is a rather fun little development regarding Samson the Gorilla.

You may recall my story about Samson the Gorilla, the local celebrity of the Milwaukee Zoo. That story has brought about a lot of interest from various folks since it first ran some time ago.


During the whole homeless Andy thing this summer I was approached by Lois Maurer, producer of an upcoming PBS special about Samson titled, "Samson: Then & Now". This special was to document the life of the famous gorilla as well as detail the stellar reproduction project going on at the Milwaukee Public Museum. She contacted me wondering if I wanted to be a part of it, share my story and get a chance to meet and thank Sam LaMalfa for such a great moment in my life.

I turned down gigs for the chance to do this!

The program is airing on Milwaukee Public Television, Channel 10 this DECEMBER 4th, 2007 at 7:00 PM and again at 3:30 PM on December 8th. If you or someone you know lives in or around the Milwaukee area be sure to tell them to tune in and watch, set a VCR, a TIVO, or a whatever the hell you set these days.


I'll give you my own personal thoughts about the meeting, the show, and all that after it airs. Feel free to order a copy of the DVD from the PBS station!

For all the Samson related posts, including the original story that started it all, check out STREAMLINING SAMSON.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

How cool is that!

4:39 AM

 
Blogger muthah said...

Did you actually meet Sam M. and did he remember that day? I'm looking forward to getting a DVD, because that April 1 was one of my happiest memories.

5:34 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

I want that DVD.

6:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home