Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

No Work In Vegas, But...

This upcoming gig in West Virginia isn't too shabby.
Click the photo to enlarge.
Near as I figure, if you only get ONE gig during the month of October it should be a big corporate gig that pays pretty well AND allows you the chance to open for a legend like Gladys Knight.

The ink is finally dry and the plane tickets have been purchased (by the client, of course) and I can now say that I've got one cool gig to announce.

This one won't exactly allow me the luxury of getting caught up financially, but it does bring me about 1/2 inch closer.

More importantly I have something good to add on to my marketing mailers to the numerous agencies and entertainment bureaus right now. The above image is actually a small flier going out along with a copy of my brochure. On the front of the envelope it mentions the upcoming gig and has a little slogan afterwards which reads, "Is Andy On Your Entertainment Roster? Request a Press Kit TODAY!"

Things like this actually do help somewhat when trying to break in with new companies. This not only shows that I am a bookable act, but I am also one worthy of some big accounts and high-dollar bookings (which means big commissions to the agents). Those companies who actually READ their incoming mail (sadly, most do not) may be that much more likely to book me when they see I've got a supporting appearance with a major headliner once they see this mailer.

Keeping fingers crossed it all works. I'm also hopeful to have a pleasant Random Celebrity Memory or Photo to share after it is all said and done.


Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Congrats. Great gig. Good Job, Andy!

4:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gladys Knight? VERY cool!!!

Yayyyyyyy Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;-)

1:17 PM

 
Blogger Kim said...

how cool! I'm really happy for you!

2:01 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Andy: KICK ASS~!!!!:) FANTASTIC!

2:30 PM

 
Blogger Krissteen said...

YAY! Congrat honey, tell Gladys hi for me.. LOL..not that she knows me but I doooooo love her!

12:57 PM

 
Blogger sue said...

Oooo... Gladys Knight is terrific! What a great gig. Congrats, Andy!

4:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home