Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Saturday, October 13, 2007

All the News That's Fit to Pip

Let's try and keep you all up to date on things.

First off, my recent trip to West Virginia to open for the lovely and talented Gladys Knight was a most excellent trip. The show went very well. The check cleared. I met some great new performers. I made some promising contacts. I had a blast watching the legend mesmerize a crowd.

My nerves subsided rather quickly after arriving there as I got back into showbiz mode almost immediately. the on stage Andy did what he does best and everyone, including myself, seemed very happy with the performance.

I did not get to meet Gladys, but I was within "spitting distance" of her, which was fine with me. Truthfully, it was just an honor to work on the same stage as such a classy and established performer.

I did met her brother (and original Pip), "Bubba" Knight and he was a most entertaining fellow to be around. We had some great laughs before and after the show and I was very happy to have met him.

There's certainly more to the tale of my West Virginia excursion, but I'll force you to wait for the next podcast (Available soon. Get caught up NOW) to hear those details. Gotta leave the audience wanting more, right?

The powers that be at Houdini's have sent me to the higher volume store at The Venetian. Things at the MGM were getting "interesting" to say the least (and that's about all I'll say for now) and even though I'll miss the folks at the MGM, I am hopeful that the move down the strip will be somewhat shit-free. I'm reserving judgment for now. I was warned about quite a few things that could go on there and I tread cautiously. My first day there was fun and uneventful in the "piss off Andy" kind of way so that is good. We'll see what tomorrow will bring.

There are whispers about the store (or the owners) suddenly not being so receptive and flexible to my needs if gigs arise. I don't want that to happen as I would have to remind them that the entertainment thing is my "career" and the Houdini's thing is my "job". If they want all that to change they have to offer me way more than what they are now. I give them plenty of advance notice about my gigs. I always work hard and sell hard when I'm there (making them money). Plus, in most instances, all that is required is a minor schedule change, possibly my leaving a hour early (when there's still ample coverage at the store), or switching shifts with someone.

I swear, it is so ridiculous to think that I would have to encounter any of this kind of crap when the majority of people working at those stores are...entertainers. I mean, really...all of the day jobs I've had over the years (including the full-time retail management jobs at stores with TEN TIMES THE VOLUME OF THESE PLACES) are jobs I held while being an entertainer as well.

No crap to report at this time, but I'll keep you posted if something craptacular at the magic shop does come up.

Still working on getting an interview at the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel. Hoping to work in their office as well as an entertainer for them. Squeaky wheel tactics are needed I guess.

Golfwidow
and I recorded a new podcast and it should be up soon. We'll keep you posted.

More later. Must sleep now.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Ah, so glad the WVA thing went so well. It was Piptacular, huh? I hope things get going for you in Vegas soon and Houdini can disappear for good.

4:20 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

I second Bud's thoughts on your show in WVA! Did you learn how to "pip"? I'm thinking that could be useful one day, good call on not actually spitting on Gladys... I hope the move to the Venetion prooves to be a good one, did they give you any sort of financial perk for the change? Glad to see you're back in the swing of posting more regularly and podcasting to boot! Oh, btw, You are not allowed to talk about my boobs in the new podcast Andy,you make me sound much hotter than real life and it isn'y nice to lie to people. Say hi to my new BFF April, she's such a doll!

7:44 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

I haven't heard from our producer. I wonder if he quit. Which would be dumb, since I just doubled his salary.

8:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home