Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, September 30, 2007

"What Brings You to Vegas?"




So you wanna know what made me pull up stakes and head for Las Vegas? Well if you don't already know the story, or even if you do, you may enjoy my somewhat comical take on the storm that destroyed my home in Carol Stream, Illinois.

This is the footage I shot right after the storm hit our building. I find it funny that I never went back and took any photos or videos in the daylight and captured the aftermath.

Just looking at this video you'd never expect that the entire building was ruined by Mother Nature. I didn't even see just how bad it was until I saw footage on CNN late that night.

Bear in mind, I am making fun of the fact that I was a total moron for staying in the building for as long as I did just so I could capture the moment
on videotape. Had anyone been severely injured or killed in that disaster I wouldn't make light of the situation at all.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger muthah said...

Thanks for this. It was worse than I even imagined. I saw the video on TV news later that night, but this personal video even brought it home more than the news.

You had an angel on your shoulder that night!

Muthah

5:34 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

uh, Andy? Know how I know you're retarded?

3:41 AM

 
Blogger Bud said...

Brilliant work, Andy!

4:16 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Andy: I watched this and felt so angry that this has happened to you and April. I will e-mail you a contact I have in Las Vegas that just came to mind. Needless to say, you are both alive and that's all that matters, man!

2:38 PM

 
Blogger sue said...

I realize this was a very sad and serious event, but damn...you made it so funny with your captions I just sat here and giggled. It is easier to do when you look back and know everyone was okay... (thank goodness). It is very frightening.

4:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Andy! It nice to see that one of Marengo's finest is still alive and kicking. Remember my friend "Duck and Cover"! Didn't you learn anything in grade school? The Hawk of Marengo

9:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home