Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, August 24, 2007

Quick Update

I'm in Illinois and I'm working.

We had a go-zillion storms and yes...tornadoes here most all of yesterday which somehow made me feel even more like the move to Vegas was the right idea. I just get the feeling that Illinois doesn't want me here anymore.

That being said, my luck did get a tad better when I picked up a VERY last-minute gig at about 8 PM last night. As it happened he guy who was flying in to do this show got stuck by all the crappy weather and his flight was diverted to Columbus, Ohio. Enter Andy Martello to save the day (and rejoice at the thought of extra cash to bring home).

I have one two-hour gig tomorrow and then I head back on Sunday, assuming nothing else comes up.

I have three more job interviews scheduled for the first two days of next week. They all seem to be fairly promising and one MAY be somewhat entertainment-related, but I'm not holding my breath. All told, I'm not all that eager to get a "real job" again, but it is a necessity right now and some of he ones on the hopper will at least be involved in things I enjoy. At the very lest, should any of these interviews turn into offers I can avoid taking the higher-paying job I would HATE. Here's hoping for something even better to come along the road.

Working on a letter of proposal to the Las Vegas Review-Journal hoping to snag a gig writing a weekly column detailing the many differences to life in Vegas compared to life in Chicago. They'll surely turn me down, but I do write a good letter. Golfwidow may even get a look at it before I send it. She send stuff out all the time and she's kind of my hero ya know.

New Podcrapular...sometime soon?

I've got a ton of marketing to do as well and a few more contacts to try and exploit - uh, utilize. Keeping fingers crossed.

That's it for now. Limited Internet access. Hope you are all happy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

I await the next engrossing chapter of Andy Finds His Way

4:24 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

I have much missness for you.

5:29 AM

 
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Good to see you are getting gigs. Hopefully they will be on video so we can watch!

I am thinking I need a penguin!

9:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything crossed for luck!

9:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got some extra work in Chicago Land!

2:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home