Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, July 20, 2007

Ringling Bros. Has My Number

This is the kind of crap that makes numerologists cream their jeans.

Many people have been telling April and me about how this move to Vegas is somehow "meant to be". Everything from the microbur
st destroying our apartment to the availability of a home in Las Vegas was in the cards for us. I don't doubt them for the most part.

Interesting thing about how we came to live here. In order to keep everyone I know up to date as the apartment disaster events unfolded, I tried to maintain this blog as well as make a few posts on some of the newsgroups I visit online. Among those groups is the Ringling Bros. Clown College Alumni newsgroup.

The home we are now residing in belongs to Katie and David Costello, two former Ringling clowns, like myself. Katie and I were in the same Clown College class in 1988 and haven't seen each other since then.

She read the post I made and dropped me an e-mail to make sure I was safe. After reading my blog and knowing that April and I had a trip to Vegas planned, Katie mentioned she and her hubby were selling their house in Vegas. Not knowing that April and I had ever wanted to relocate she mentioned that if we'd ever consider leaving the Chicago area we could rent the house for a short time to get established out here. This would serve a couple of purposes. Their mortgage on the place would be covered and we'd have a place to stay. NICE!

Now here's where I consider it most interesting.


  • The apartment was destroyed on 3/31.
  • The street number of our house is 32 (the number after 31 ya know).
  • The week April and I were here to visit Vegas and check out this house was the week of April's 32nd birthday.

This home is owned by one of my Clown College classmates. During our graduation show, essentially an audition before the high and mighty Kenneth Feld for a chance to go on the road with the show, all of the clowns were made to wear a number on our wardrobe at all times. This made identifying the clowns that Mr. Feld wanted on the show much easier. After all, he didn't know any of us by name of anything like that. 10 1/2 weeks of intense training and we were all essentially reduced to a single identifying number.

I've kept many things from my Ringling days. I still have all of the makeup, the shoes and outfits, and other mementos. One most important thing I have from my time with Ringling is the little cloth disc with my I.D. number on it. I've had this in the bottom of my makeup box ever since the graduation show ended in October of 1988. The number?
You can also have fun with the fact that the news about the disaster hit the world on 4/1 (April Fools Day). I am April's husband and many would consider me to be April's Fool. It is also one of my favorite days of the year and it certainly is an appropriate day for a former circus clown.

If you add 4 & 1 you get 5. If you take the numbers 3 & 2 and add them you also get 5.

I could go on and on with stupid number coincidences. But that would be just silly.



Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

32 is 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2.

How many 2s are in that equation? Five.

I'll go now.

4:55 AM

 
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Universal synchronicity is something that perplexes the logical side of me; I see many coincidences such as yours.

9:09 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

GW, SPOOKY!

Blue, lots of this sort of thing in my life. Equally spooky

9:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now if someone would just write a story about your killing somebody and then you kill somebody, and then Jim Carrey play you in the movie...

1:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't fight with the universe when it's determined for you to be happy elsewhere ;-)

8:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem...note - the 3/31, in and of itself, doesn't SEEM to go with the other stuff...but if you think about it, 3/31 is the 90th day of the year (31 + 28 + 31 = 90)...take that pesky little zero out of the equation and you have 9. 9 is (wait for it...)...

3 squared...as in, you multiply 3 by itself TWICE, is 9!

Oh, and I really, REALLY, don't like the picture of numerologists creaming in their jeans that you put in my head here. Thanks a lot.

-K the Landlordlian

2:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...at least you weren't April's 5th husband...

I love to hear things like this. Makes me believe there really IS a plan. :)

8:50 AM

 
Blogger Webmiztris said...

oooh, it's all in the numbers!

9:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home