Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Everywhere I Look...VEGAS!

It is bad enough to be here in Illinois, missing my wife and my new home every day. I want to go home, even though I have no real prospects for work myself nor any promise of a great new life. I am thankful for the work I have here in Illinois and I'm just now realizing that I am actually supporting my family solely on the money I've made as an entertainer. Minor swelling or pride aside, I WANT TO GO HOME!


Well, none of my feelings of loneliness and sadness are eased one iota when I take a look at damn near any TV screen, listen to any radio station, watch any movie, or see any billboard. Why? Because Las Vegas is freakin' EVERYWHERE!


I've always know that Vegas is popular as a destination and it certainly does a great job of promoting itself as a filming location, but DAMN! Vegas is everywhere I look!


Commercials, TV shows, game shows, radio commercials, books, songs - Las Vegas is everywhere and it is just taunting me.


This reminds me of being a young guy who was recently dumped by a girlfriend. When you're young you have no concept of just how many people you'll actually date and care about in your lifetime so being dumped is just about the most devastating thing ever. After the awful dumping it seems that every woman everywhere has the same name as the chick that dumped you.


This just SUCKS!

4 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

That's why you should never date girls with names.

(Was that "minor swelling OF pride," or "minor swelling, OR pride"?)

I'm just whistling in the dark, man. You know I'm sending you what good vibes I can muster.

5:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's weird to have one foot in a place and one foot out. I hear ya.

And SMILE, will ya? ;-)

Happy 4th Andy.

5:47 AM

 
Blogger Bud said...

But at least you haven't been dumped. Still, I know how you feel. Been through that shit some myself.

6:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im sorry your missing your family. your also a very lucky man for having a wife who supports your dreams,so you just go make her proud.Although i'm sure she already is.

7:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home