Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, July 05, 2007

April Gots Herself a J-O-B

I forgot to post this earlier, but April is now gainfully employed. She'll be a supervisor on the fast track to megalomania at the Kohl's department store chain.

While it may not necessarily have been her first choice, it is a good job and she already likes the people she'll be working beside. Plus, if it completely sucks this job can be the "bait" to help her attract a better job (Always easier to find a job when you have a job...that kind of thing).

Of course I am confident she'll enjoy it very much for now. I secretly think this is the job she was "meant" to get because it is at a place that sells many things we'll need while we're starting out. So her employee discount will be put to good use. ;)

The important thing is that they WANTED her to work there. They called her IMMEDIATELY after her resume was submitted and realized her experience would be perfect for their company. It is always nice to be wanted.

Many thanks to everyone for the support and the advice. April thanks you too.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Kohl's was smart enough to snap her up. Coolness.

9:46 PM

 
Blogger muthah said...

Congratulations to April--and to you. Her employee discount will definitely help you guys furnishing your new home. I knew her talents would win out eventually!

Muthah

3:55 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

That is The AWESOME.

4:08 AM

 
Blogger Gordon D said...

Hey, my aunt works in Kohl's...in Wheaton.

First, is this coincidence or what?

Second, if there are any good deals, I'll e-mail them your way.

4:29 AM

 
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

That sounds wonderful!

3:17 PM

 
Blogger Julie said...

Congrats April. Employee discounts rule. I used to manage a record store (The Wherehouse)- and after 8 years there, I hate having to pay full price for CD's.

5:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!! I was gonna post on the Fossil one, but I figured too much time had passed. Those dumbasses. (Trust me, that's a MILD reaction to when I read it.)

Here's hoping you get to be together SOON.

8:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home