Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, June 29, 2007

What Do You Think About...The MUSICAL SAW???

It has been FAR too long since I added something new to the show. Aside from the written comedy, I haven't added much to the show in a long time. Part of that has to do with simple complacency. Mostly it has to do with the fact that living in apartments did not allow me a lot of space to work out new routines nor practice.

Now that I'm in the house with lots of room I can jump-start my stale old ass and work on some of the things I've always wanted o do.

Tops on that list is learning how to play the musical saw. I'm a sucker for oddball vaudeville acts. If they are more of the portable variety then all the better for me.

I've always wanted to work this out as I not only have some performance ideas that could make me seem somewhat "revolutionary" in the musical saw world, but I know I've got a wide assortment of comedy routines I can bring to the mix.

The only problem is hat I presently don't know how to play one. Searching online I have found a few different options for where to purchase a well-made saw, but I've been assured that learning the basics take a relatively minuscule amount of time. I'm sure that getting up to performance level will take a lot of practice, but I'm very eager and willing to get there.

So...what do YOU think? I know I haven't shared a lot of exactly what I'd be doing in my routines (when I learn how to play), but that's to prevent anyone from stealing my ideas. Trust me, there's gonna be some funny and cool stuff down the road.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

Guess I'll get a kazoo and be your opening act.

5:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should attend the saw players gatherings in NYC - best place to find out everything you might need to know about saw playing:

http://sepiachord.livejournal.com/105803.html

11:03 AM

 
Blogger Spook said...

Saw : The Musical? I'd so see that.

Wait, you mean something else entirely. That's probably a good idea too.

4:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Possible musical saw resource! Phil Briggs' (our year at CC) wife, Heidi - I believe she plays a MEAN musical saw. She's a real sweetheart, and good at everything. I think their webpage is jumboshrimpcircus.com , and they're based out of L.A.
Also, if I'm not mistaken, Peggy King on the grad list ("peggers" is part of her e-mail address) MIGHT play one...maybe...I know she can play the hell out of an accordion...and she's the one I'm always on about who lives in Vegas and gives such nice parties.
Take Care! -Katie.

6:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home