Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, April 01, 2007

We're Homeless

It looks like nobody will be allowed to return to living at our apartment building. I was allowed 15 minutes today to get essentials, rescue the cat, and so on. I'm hopeful that on Monday we'll be allowed additional time to gather additional goods. I have no idea when we'll be expected to able to gather our things, pack and move. Still and all, we're good and everyone has come together nicely to help out.

At the time I retrieved some goods, our apartment did not suffer any water damage. If all goes well it will remain that way by the time we pack and move either this week or after we return from Vegas (assuming we are going).

All told we're fortunate, especially when compared to some of the poor folks on the third floor who were treated to a lovely view of the sky as their roof flew away.

It is still a might difficult not to freak out when it took all of five seconds to lose our home, realize we have no idea what we can keep and what we have to throw away, wonder if we can or should go out of town next week, and taxes are due.

At least we don't have to pay rent for April.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

It is scary to think that life can change in a blink of an eye. I hope you retrieved the cat ok and that you will be able to find suitable housing. I hope you take that Vegas trip. My love to you both.

11:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez. The lengths some people will go to for April Fools...

(I can lend you a tent and a gas cooker if you want to come hang out in NZ.)

2:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a sofa that sleeps one but you and April can improvise, right? ;-)

Hugs, Andy. I can't even imagine how horrid it must be for you right now. Please let me know if I can help.

4:00 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

I have tons of Roger Clemens baseball cards. Pretend you need them. I want these out of my living room so badly.

Seriously, though, you know if you need anything I have, it's yours.

5:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first thought was... April Fools! Then the horror set in... so sorry this had to happen, Andy. I'm glad you all (including cat) are okay. I, too, am hoping you aren't letting it ruin your trip. What a jolt. Hate those 'naders. Hate'em. Let us know if there is anything we can do... I know, I know, I'm in Iowa. What can I do? Let me know...

7:35 AM

 
Blogger Webmiztris said...

that's awful, andy! I'm so sorry. I hope you have a good place to stay while you find a new home.

9:18 AM

 
Blogger Tony Collett said...

I was sorry to read the news on Gordon's blog. I raced here to get the news.
I wrote about it on my blog and asked my readers (all 5, almost did it personally) to send you their best wishes and support, and to keep an eye out here to help if the call comes.

1:30 PM

 
Blogger Gordon D said...

Andy - just wanted to send some good vibes your way. (And I'm *really* regretting selling off some of my furniture in the move from STL...'cause I could have *given* it to you)

2:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home