Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Special Anniversary Today

Today is the 20th birthday of something very near & dear to me. I've never been closer to anyone or anything in my whole life.



20 Years ago today, I started growing this ponytail.

OK, I'm not 100% certain that this is the day. I recall starting this one on a Saturday two weeks before my Junior Prom. So this date has always been the one where I celebrate the birthday of the tail. I know...silly.


When you think about it though, this piece of hair has been the only constant in my life over the last 20 years. I've gone through several girlfriends, homes, jobs, ups & downs but the tail has been there. The only thing that has changed has been the length of the damned thing.


This tail is how people would recognize me after television appearances and once was the way people would ask for my act, "Get me the guy with the ponytail!" This is the distinguishing feature people cite when describing me. In fact, this is just about the only thing people ask me about if they haven't heard from me in a long time, "You still have that ponytail?"


SO even though I'm stuck calling people and canceling contracts for the second half of the year and I am also going to head to the storage unit to try and condense/organize some of our hastily-packed belongings, I celebrate the 20th birthday of my stupid, dated, lame as all hell, hair.


Incidentally, about a month from now I'll be celebrating my actual birthday. I've decided that I wish to combine the celebrations for both my hai and the body that carries it. So if anyone wants to send along cards or gifts, I'll provide an address for you. Sure, I'm homeless, but I can get mail! Since I need money for this life-changing move, I'm insisting that all actual gifts be actual cash, checks or money orders. Those fit in greeting cards nicely ya know. I also accept PayPal. LOL!

4 Comments:

Blogger muthah said...

Happy birthday, tail!

Love,
Mom

1:42 PM

 
Blogger sue said...

Good thing you don't have any vegeful fights with the spouse... she could end it all with a sharp pair of scissors. :)

9:01 AM

 
Blogger sue said...

*VENGEFUL... geez, can't even spell today...

9:01 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

Women can always end vengeful fights with men. Men just don't always give such painless alternatives for us to cut off.

10:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home