Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, April 01, 2007

I Know You Won't Believe Me...

...but today of all days, I have to report that my apartment building was hit by a tornado, or more likely, a microburst, last night.

If you turn on CNN or so a search on "microburst, Carol Stream" you'll likely see MY BUILDING. Yes, that is where I live(d).

I'm fine. April's fine. Our cat is presumed fine (and hiding somewhere in the apartment). No injuries.

We're not allowed back into the apartment yet so I don't know what, if any, damage there is. The ceiling of my apartment collapsed though. When I left it looked like a mess, but nothing was damaged. Unfortunately, the roof was torn froom the building and there are reports of water damage due to the rain. As I said, I don't know what the status of my specific apartment is so I can't tell you.

No, we don't have renter's insurance. No we don't have a lot of valuables to replace, unless you count action figures , flame Skechers, and DVDs.

No, we don't know what we're going to do regarding living arrangements, moving (although I suspect we are going to move sooner than planned), or if we are going to still go to Vegas next week. Thinking is, if we're not allowed to even get into our place for a week, we may as well take the trip. It's paid for already and the cash we'd spend out there won't really make a HUGE difference locally.

April just pointed out to me that it could be worse. We could have been in Vegas and heard about this on the news. She's a funny gal.

I'm sure you'll understand if you don't hear from me for a little while.

At the risk of sounding like some kind of victim, there may be a time when I call upon people for "help". If our apartment isn't too messed up, we are considerably better off than most were last night so I doubt I'll be making any heartfelt pleas for aanything other then thoughts and support. Just be ready! Charity begins at home...MY HOME! ;)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs and good thoughts coming your way.

I am so sorry this happened, Andy. Please let me know if I can help.

9:48 AM

 
Blogger Julie said...

I was about to think you were "punk"'n me and I was thinking, "oh No- not twice in one day, funny MAN!"

Damn, I wish you were.

My thoughts and prayers to you, babe!!

-julie

1:04 PM

 
Blogger bozoette said...

YIKES!

6:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what happens when I disappear from the Blog-o-sphere for a while. A friggin tornado! I sure hope you and the wife and kitty are alright, Andy. Please let me know if you need anything. So sorry you had to go through this.

8:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home