Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Hungry for a Podcast?

Listen to this week's Podcrapular. We talk far too much about comfort foods and what I like to call fetish foods (Krispy Kreme, Yoo-Hoo, etc.).

In yet another lame attempt to get the people to listen, interact, and even encourage others to listen to the show, we spend a lot of time trash-talking foods that inspire an obsessive love in people (those fetish foods). Well, I trash talk some of those foods.

I pull out the big guns like Krispy Kreme doughnuts, Yoo-Hoo, Mallomars, Nathan's Hot Dogs - you know, the foods that inspire people go go bat-shit crazy over. The foods that some people cross thousands of miles to eat. The foods that get written into movie scripts because so many will feel a cosmic connection.

Golfwidow? She pulls out Chef Boyardee and Kraft Dinners.

HUH?

Are there really people out there who are obsessed with Chef Boyardee and Kraft Mac & Cheese? No way. She must be high, right? I know she was on pain killers when we recorded the show so certainly her mind must have confused "Kraft Dinners" (not a fetish food) for "White Castle Hamburgers" (a TOTAL fetish food).

I was waiting for my partner to chime in with an argument about store bought vs. home made ice cubes next.

I always leave room for me to be completely wrong about any subject. It does happen far too often for me to truly believe. So I welcome comments and other discussion about favorite comfort & fetish foods from my readers, and our listeners. Here are a few places to leave your thoughts.

Leave a VX Mail or fax by calling 206-350-3352.
Record a comment at www.golfwidow.podomatic.com.
Leave a text comment at the above Podomatic address.

Leave a comment at our MySpace Page.
E-mail us at podcrapular@gmail.com.
You can also leave a comment at this blog or at
Golfwidow's blog.

Of course, within the confines of this week's show there is one thing I will not concede defeat to with regard to food. Be sure to listen to the ridiculous story of how they prepare & deliver pizza in Idaho and get back to me. I'd relay the story here, but really, I'm doing everything I can to get people to listen to the show. Teasing you is among the ways I will achieve this goal.

4 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

I've only ever had the frozen White Castle burgers, so I didn't feel like a proper authority on the subject.

(I love them, though. Sue me.)

4:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually love both your food lists. And GW, I consider Chef Boyardee comfort food.

8:15 AM

 
Blogger Webmiztris said...

thanks, Andy, now I'm craving a Yoo-Hoo! i haven't had one of those in YEARS! never heard of Nathan's hot dogs though. guess they're not THAT famous. :)

9:11 AM

 
Blogger Julie said...

I listened, I laughed, I called. My work here is done.

I have never had Yoo-hoo. It's a chocolate flavored...drink. It's not milk? Just chocolate drink??

what the hell???

But if you visit the website (drinkyoo-hoo.com) you can see that they have lots of other flavors too. Like Cookies and Cream... flavored, drink. I like my flavored drinks to be fruits or colors. Like the red flavor of any juice is good. But brown flavor?? um, no.

6:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home