Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Would You Like to See Me at Your Local Comedy Club?

Then you should contact the club and request me by name. I can certainly market to a place and do the leg work, which I certainly have done, but when potential paying customers want to see someone it can carry a lot of weight.

Comedy clubs are a strange game, especially if you have an act like mine (one where some can't figure out if you're more comedian than juggler and vice versa). I don't court the comedy club market as much anymore because they don't pay very well and there's about three times the bootie-kissing needed to get those lower-paying gigs. That being said, I love working them and will happily go to one near you, if they ask me.

A phone call is good, and an e-mail is even easier. Plus, you can include my own website link when sending an e-mail to your local club. If they get enough people asking to see me, there's that much more of a chance they'll book me.

Let's go with some clubs local to me. Keep in mind this same plan can work with clubs near you, but not without your help.

Zanies has three locations in Chicago and one in Nashville, TN. Here are the contact pages for all of them.

Zanies, St. Charles
Zanies, Chicago
Zanies, Vernon Hills
Zanies, Nashville

Comedy Comedy is in Aurora, IL and has booked me in the past, but mysteriously, not in some time. They have a contact page and an e-mail address. Drop them a line, please.

The Improv has a new Chicago location and while they're not exactly very Chicago-friendly, they do respond to customer interest. Why not e-mail them, hmmmm?

Barrel of Laughs is in the south Chicago suburbs and is among the longest-running comedy clubs around. I haven't been there in some time. Perhaps you can help change that for me by contacting them.

If any of you do send one or maybe one hundred e-mails on my behalf to a certain location, please let me know so I can back it up with some additional marketing.

Thanks.

4 Comments:

Blogger teahouse said...

Interesting site. I found you by way of Sue's Torn Pages. You spin plates? Maybe you can come and purposely break all of my ugly ones so I'll have an excuse to buy new tableware! :o)

3:50 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

I can be available for plate destruction services. Not a problem. I'm way cheaper than a Greek wedding.

7:54 AM

 
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

I will do so when I get to Houston. If I ever get to Houston. They keep pushing the move date back.

The advertising poster is great. Sort of edgy avant-garde if you will.

8:06 AM

 
Blogger Webmiztris said...

we used to have ONE comedy club in our area. they only had comedy one night a week, but at least it was SOMETHING. Now they have karoake or a DJ instead. ugh. once in a while, comedians will perform at clubs in our area, but it's rare. i miss it!!!

11:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home