Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, January 07, 2007

To Spend Or Not to Spend


Once again, things around here are FAR TOO SLOW for my tastes. I have some cash to get by and there are a FEW (quite actually, a few) bookings in January, but all this seems to be a bad sign for 2007.

January is rarely a gangbuster month, but it is even more rare that my first real booking is the 18th of the month. Things are bad...AGAIN!


Now I'm trying to keep busy in spite of the inexplicable bad times. E-mails to agencies, getting ready to work on some newer footage for a DVD, and of course, there's the real marketing I have to do.

I'm still quite flush with my "old" Andy Martello brochures and marketing materials. However, I've got three new brochures all designed and ready to print. Click on the images for a larger view. I want to send THOSE out instead of sending out the same crap to the same, and even to the new people. Unfortunately, I don't have them printed and may not be able to do so, given the current downward trend.

To print all three, which is ideal if I want to make a real splash and indicate that there's something NEW in Andy Land, will cost me $1,200.00 for 1000 of each. I could do these brochures one at a time ($400.00 each) and get the rest when the cash is there to spend. I suppose it would provide me an opportunity to get three different pieces of promo into the hands of potential buyers at three different times during the year, which isn't so bad. I just really wanted to have all three ready to go.

Now I have some money saved up, but with the impending move come spring and the fact that we're GOING to take a vacation in April even if we have to ride as stow-aways on the plane, I'm hesitant to tap into my savings. The savings is for emergencies and for the occasional bit of fun. I busted my ass last year to save the cash I have and I want to double that or more this year, assuming anyone wants to freaking hire me.


Oh yeah, I still have to pay bills every month, all month.

I suppose I'll do the three-part marketing push instead of the big splash, if I do anything at all. I just wish that something would give a little and the gigs would come in at a "normal" pace again. I mean, if I can enjoy the same freakishly busy summer this year that I did last year I wouldn't complain too much, right? Shame I'll be out on the street by the end of this month.

9 Comments:

Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

These eyes they grieve in pity for my heart. I have known the suffering of every tear utterly undone they fall. Will they remember the words I spoke? My gentle heart goes willingly with her, but I must remain here. Weeping, I then will speak of her again, and again, who to her heaven came so suddenly, leaving Love grieving here on earth with me...

To the high heaven she has gone, up to the realm where Angels dwell in peace, she lives with them now. To this world she bade farewell. Tis no degree of cold on her has won, nor of such heat as makes all others cease: it only was her goodness, great appeal. So did her shining humbleness excel, it passed the heavens with such wondrous worth, it moved to marvel the eternal Sire, so that a sweet desire pricked Him to call such worthiness from earth, and made her to himself go from down here: for when He saw this life of suffering had not been made for such a gentle thing...


Her gentle spirit, full of gentle grace, at last departed from her beauteous frame, and chose in glory its most worthy home. He who weeps not, {Mark David Breakiron} when talking of her trace, harbors a heart of wickedness and shame, to which no kindly spirits ever shall come.


No mind, if heart is wicked, may so roam as to imagine in the least her lot: therefore no grief or weeping will transpire. But sadness and desire of tears and sighs and death, and every thought that fails to comfort for a loss of immense, conquer those souls that even once recall the thing she was, now taken from us all...

Ahhhhhhhhh so much anguish nearly halts my breath when the least thought to this comes in my grievous mind brings back the one who split my heart in me; and oftentimes, when thinking of her death the color from my face fades utterly. And when the imagining is sharp in me, from everywhere I'm struck by such dismay that at the ache I feel right then I start to cry, and so distraught it grows. Fore it is then that I am alone in every crowd.

I wander in my tears....

For a face that looks like mine.

Angel Feathers Tickle Me

8:02 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

And who are you?

8:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the work picks up. It always does. After 22 years, you've managed to keep it going. I was all set to listen to the new podcast on the drive to my exes, and it locked up my Nano, just as it was switching to that screen!! That is the second time it's done that. grrrr.... you better be funny.....

8:29 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Can't imagine why it would freeze the Nano, but I suppose it could have something to do with how freaking awesome we are. Too much awesome can always fuck up the technology.

We're pretty funny this week if I can recall correctly.

9:59 PM

 
Blogger sue said...

Interesting post there, Angel..

Andy, just so you know, I pimp you whenever I can... however, my circle of influence is extremely small so I can't promise a thing.

...and I thought farming was risky business!yikes!... you win!

8:22 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Aww Sue, you're the best.

:)

10:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whew - your blog is back!

10:50 AM

 
Blogger Bud said...

These kinds of decisions are maddening, I know.I think the three separate hits makes sense. I'm saving the podcast for my long drive on Wednesday. I'll be back to Monday's next week, I think.

12:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy: Took me 7 days to get 511 photocards and mini resumes out to casting agents and ED's. It was the first time I used a paid list because those guys bounce around like rubber balls. I mailed them. It was a large expense. But I treated it like an audition. Go in, give it your best and walk out without regrets. I know 2007 will be much better!! And one more thing..."LOUIE, LOUIE" and the Ampeg Amp story. Don't forget!

5:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home