Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, December 29, 2006

ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!

YYeah, I'll admit it. I like the "Rocky" movies. OK, I loved the first two, liked the third, but resented the creation of the formula, enjoyed the fourth for plenty of cheesetastic reasons, and didn't hate the fifth. I was skeptical about the final installment, "Rocky Balboa" until I saw the trailer online. I was more than intrigued.

Then I saw it at the theatre and was more than ready to see it, hoping it would be good, but prepared for the worst.

Tonight, April and I saw the film and truly loved it. Seriously. This film, admittedly pulling out all the stops with regard to calling back to what are now considered to be Rocky Cliches, recaptured the heart and the emotion of that first film and proudly reminded me of the days when people remembered "Rocky" as the best picture of 1976, a time when Sylvester Stallone was nominated for Best Actor.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for a good underdog story. Rocky Balboa just rocks!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

I love an underdog story too but never saw the last two or three. Not sure I have the endurance.

3:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew I was going to see this movie as soon as I knew it was coming out. I need the closure. Even though Rocky 5 hurt me bad- I just can't know it's out there without seeing it. I'm glad you liked it. I will get out to see it as soon as I'm feeling better!!

11:05 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Hey *Jules*!

Nice to see a new face in the crowd. Thanks for stopping by.

I LOVED this movie. Been thinking about it all day to be honest.

I could easily see the first two and this one as being a perfect Rocky Trilogy. Sure, I'd watch the 4th one on the 4th of July, but really, those three are all you need.

That being said, I watched Rocky 5 again today for the first time since I saw it back in 1990 and it wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered it. Could have done with some better music and maybe not the street fight and all, but hey...not too bad.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by. Maybe we can do a link exchange. We seem to share a few mutual friends. :)

Happy New Year!

11:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home