Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, October 12, 2006

What Am I Selling On eBay This Time?

Here are three items that may or may not gather a bit of attention. Since today is Friday the 13th of October and I'd rather not talk about the wedding I have to attend today, I figure that my current eBay listings are much more interesting and certainly more appropriate.

Here goes...

From the Andy Archives of Oddities, three books dealing with magic & the occult. Two of these books are quite old and may be worth something. All I know is that they needn't be in my house any longer.

First, Herrmann's Wizards' Manual (Revised and Edited Edition). I've no idea what the actual publishing date is on this book. I do know the original printing was in 1916 and it is a very cool book. The Shrewsbury Publishing Company of Chicago put out this classic and it is a very entertaining read. Loads of magical secrets for the aspiring conjurer or just the curious spoiler.

Next, another book possibly from 1916 and ALSO from a Chicago-based publisher. Check out the beautiful block print found within the pages of...

A Course of Advanced Lessons in Clairvoyance and Occult Powers, By Swami Panchadasi

The print on the inside alone is worth the cost of the thing. This one has been revised and republished many times over the years. However the volume I'm offering up is one of the OLD ones. It may be a first edition, but I'm no book expert so I can't say for certain. Regardless, with Halloween coming up it certainly makes for big silly fun.

Last, The Amateur Magician's Handbook, By Henry Hay. This is a MUST OWN for anyone wanting to be a magician at any level. It is like the Bible for magicians, or at least that's what I was told by the magician that gave it to me years ago. It's not that rare, but this version is from 1974. It's been traveling from house to house since I was a teenager and now it is time to get this thing to someone more deserving of the secrets and powerful magic inside.

I'm hopeful these will attract some attention and find good homes. Maybe they'll even bring in a few bucks. Who knows?

8 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

I have a young niece who loves that stuff. I'll send her parents to that listing.

4:07 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

Good luck with that ebay shit there Andy.

You know, I bet if you can find Jesus or Mary or Elvis or something on it, you could make a fortune.

6:48 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Thanks, Bud. It is appreciated.

Kim, you can't find then IN those books, but yu can find them WITH those books. Very powerfuls stuff.

8:19 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

How funny...that last book! Have agood weekend, Andy.

8:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn, I might get that last book for myself! *I* want to find money in the air!!!!

8:56 AM

 
Blogger sue said...

I got stuck. At the wedding. A WEDDING? Today? I'm speechless.

9:25 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Today is probably the best day to get married. Why not? Over 1/2 of all the marriages end in divorce anyway. May as well have the convenience of a "bad luck day" to use as an excuse.

11:47 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

I'd hope there would be an advantage, but I wouldn't bank on it. lol

11:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home