Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, September 22, 2006

Ten Things Tuesday (Saturday Edition): Blogs that Should Be Renamed, Retired and/or Stricken from the Official Record

This is not a commentary about the content or writing of anybody's blog. I've never seen most of these blogs, probably because there's so damned many with the same freaking name it isn't worth my time!

  • Captain's Blog (Really, even the FIRST guy who nabbed this one wasn't original)
  • Ramblings (And any title with a form of "Rambling" in it)
  • Musings (See: Ramblings)
  • Bloggity Blog (or "Bloggity Blog Blog")
  • Tales from Andy Land (Though I'm considering creating an "Andy Land" blog webring)
  • Rants (See: Musings)
  • Free Your Mind (And while you're at it, open a thesaurus)
  • Writer's Blog (If you are a writer, you can certainly come up with a better title than this one!)
  • Hot Diggity Blog (See: Bloggity Blog)
  • A Blog's Life (With a nod towards, "This Blog's for You")

5 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Hmmm, this has to piss some folks off!

3:32 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Probably, but I didn't link to any one lbog. Of course I found so many blogs with the identical names how could I pick one worth of linking?

Besides, I've got "ramblings" and other oft-used words in the tags and descriptions for my blog all over the place. I'm making fun of myself as much as I'm making fun of everyone else.

Moreover, I'm quite certain NONE of the people with these blog names have ever read my blog. Perhaps they'll start when they notice their blog name popping up in searches more often. lol

8:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i so agree, andy! when I see 'ramblings' or 'musings' or 'thoughts' in a blog title I figure the content is going to suck simply because if that's the best thing they could come up with for the TITLE, then certainly their posts are going to be EXTRA lame!

10:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people are kinda unoriginal. Make that VERY unoriginal.

Boring!

5:44 PM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

Free "Your Mind" with four proofs-of-purchase.

I'd like to add "drivel" to that list, and "boring", even though I subsisted many years on being "My Life and Boring Times." I should have known better and hope others learn from my mistakes.

12:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home