Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Monday, September 18, 2006

PLEASE, God...or Whomever...

This gig in Toledo has been nothing but a clusterfuck from the get-go.

  • A complete lack of comunication from the client, even though I've called and called many times to go over details
  • Wrong info being relayed from me to the client and back again
  • Too damn many cooks in the kitchen

I'm tired and cranky. I may have a problem with my tooth. Were it not for a trip to Tony Packo's this evening I'd probably curl up in a ball in my room and cry myself to sleep.

PLEASE...God...Someone...let this go well this morning. It will all be over by about 10 AM if all goes well.

Oh yeah, I've got to drive all the way back right afterwards so keep the mojo rolling my way.

I'll have a damn Ten Things list some time this week, after I get home and can relax.

UPDATE! 8:37 AM

The gig started EARLY and there was a free breakfast. Nice! The gig went well (my part, I mean) and everyone seemed very happy. Of course, none of this matters because...

THEY DID NOT HAVE MY CHECK!

I sent them an invoice WEEKS ago in order to prevent this sort of bullshit from happening. The LAST thing I needed was to cart my sorry ass all the way to fucking Toledo and NOT walk away with my money! OK, there are other bad things that I don't want to happen as well, but gig-wise, not getting paid is on the top of the list.

Up side: I had a healthy breakfast & I get to leave for home much earlier than expected.

Down side: I don't have my cash and may never see the damned check in my lifetime.

This client??? NEVER AGAIN!

10 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

I think it just might have been that kind of day. I'm sorry you got stuck in it. Sending good vibes, which is, now that I read it, such trite sentiment online that I might just as well pray for you if I believe in higher beings.

1:28 AM

 
Blogger sue said...

Wow. Hope things improve this week... well, um..gee... guess they gotta, huh? Get home safe!

6:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that SUCKS, Andy. I guess it's about what you'd expect from some club in Toledo. I mean, Toledo....what kind of name is that ANYWAY? ;)

9:06 AM

 
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Holy Toledo! See that Is why I stay away from Toledo, and Ohio all together. Rumors abound about bad things happening.

9:28 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Home safe.

RE-SENDING an invoice now.

Resting for tonight's gig.

I wish this were a club. NOOOOO! This was a corporate account. A REPEAT client, no less.

On the plus side, I've got a dentist appointment tomorrow. Looks like part of my molar (or the filling inside it) has decided to just fade away into nothingness. G-R-E-A-T.

12:36 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

It just frosts my nuts. Generally, my job is pretty easy. A couple of phone calls, a contract, a show. All this leads to a paycheck.

This was my "corporate plate spinning" thang and therefore requires a few more phone calls and so on in order to properly incorporate their message points into the routine and make things go smoothly.

The fact that I NEVER received a return phone call in a timely manner didn't help things.

Plus all this crap with the invoice and the check...

At least I've got that dentist appointment to keep me going. UGH!

Well, I do have a fridge full of Packo's hot dogs and that will make me happy.

3:29 PM

 
Blogger Spook said...

Man, that sucks. Why is it that stories involving Toledo always seem to go badly?

5:32 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This really pisses me off, Andy that you had to go through this. Stay on top of this. There are remedies for this kind of crap. Toledo or anywhere else.

8:53 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

P.S. Time Out! I just caught our mutual friend Bud Buckley's comments above. He is dead-on! With AFTRA (my union) we DO publish a list nationwide annually of bad people that fills at least one page of producers who are anti-union. I am submitting a handful of prominent names I don't need to go into on your BLOG. Example: I auditioned for a national television beer commercial and I nailed it. Wow! This would have (conservatively) meant $60,000 to me. A very rare windfall! My so-called "Agent" phones me three hours later (of course they were in cahoots on this) and says that the "Client" loved my work but "they changed their mind about using union talent. They will only go non-union". I said "What!" She said, "I know, I know. But you'll make $250 in cash and that's some bucks". I told her "No!". She demanded an explanation (Idiot). I told her that this would undercut my brothers and sisters in the union and I would rather go without the gig than harm everybody else. Then SHE got pissed! I called my union and they called her in for a talk. I never got another audition again. This is the environment we are living in, Andy. E-mail me and maybe I can help with some ideas.

9:04 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Well let's wait until I actualy DON'T get paid before getting all upset. Corporate clients do tend to pay later than others. I just wasn't expecting it (not getting paid) this time since I was paid on site before from them and they had the invoice so far in advance.

9:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home