Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

"Love Under the Big Top" Available at the Riverwalk Journal

If you've forgotten about my tale of circus love involving myself & one very passionate baboon, never fear. "Love Under the Big Top" was selected to run in the September/October 2006 issue of the prestigious Riverwalk Journal.

I'd almost completely forgotten about the story being in the Journal this month. Fortunately I received a most excellent and flattering e-mail from a Paul S. Brittain. Paul has a great piece of fiction, "What Keeps Me Alive", featured in the Riverwalk Journal this month as well. Here's what he wrote.

"Mr. Martello-

I have read your stories in recent editions of the River Walk Journal, and must say that they are outstanding. The stories are funny, entertaining and well-written. I now look forward to each new issue to see if you have a story included.

I felt quite honored that my story "What Keeps Me Alive" was included in the same issue as your story: "Love Under The Big Top."

Keep up the good work.

Paul S. Brittain"


Isn't that the coolest thing? What a great pick-me-up to my day to receive such a nice e-mail from a much more talented writer.

You know I don't read a lot, but I did take the time to read Paul's work and it is quite good. Of course, the quality of work found at Riverwalk Journal is ALWAYS exceptional and you really can't go wrong with the content found there. I'm always amazed and humbled to be included among such fine work. Really, why would any respected publication print a story about me and a masturbating baboon? Makes no sense, but I'm appreciative nonetheless.

Thanks to Paul and to the great Liz Ross and all the staff at Riverwalk Journal for including me, yet again, in their fantastic literary collection.

5 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

Yay, you!

2:32 AM

 
Blogger Bud said...

That is oustanding news! You so deserve it!

5:06 AM

 
Blogger sue said...

I so love this Journal... and your story was so cute! I never ONCE thought anything inappropriate. *snicker*

7:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that story is hysterical...yet so sad at the end when she died :(

I think *I* would die if a monkey started masturbating while holding my hand....lol lol lol!

11:10 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Oh come on, Dawn. I've read some of your tales of drunken partying at the bars & clubs. Are you SURE it hasn't happened already?

;)

9:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home