Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, September 08, 2006

How Freakin' Cute Are We!

Yeah, yeah, I know it's a cheap way to get attention by posting photos of adorable baby jungle cats. So sue me for fuck's sake! I got three of these things lying around just waiting for some use other than to entertain me and April and lord knows there's plenty of other useless crap out there in Blogland to make this seem worthy of your eyes.

When I was at the Winnebago County Fair there was a group across from my staging area called the Big Cat Adventures. This was a tiger rescue group from Texas that offered a brief show about tigers, a chance to touch a baby tiger, lion, and cougar, as well as a chance to take photos of you feeding a baby tiger.

April and I are always suckers for big silly fun like this and since she was able to attend the first day of the fair with me, we got to take one of the first photos.

I know most people say this, but April & I rarely take good photos together. I don't know why. It just works out that way. Somehow, this one turned out to be one of the best photos we've ever taken.

Oddly enough, three of our best photos involve us with a baby lion or tiger.

Check out this one of me holding onto a baby lion, Chilly, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. I look a little silly in my opinion, but the damned lion is so cute and April is so babelicious you hardly notice dumpy old me.

About a year earlier, we took a photo at the MGM Grand Lion Habitat with a somewhat bigger, but nonetheless adorable lion named, Willow. Again, we look pretty darned good.

We have been wanting to snap a shot with the MGM lions ever since we saw that they were available. Unfortunately, even with all the times we go to Vegas, you simply can't guarantee a baby lion every time you go to the MGM Grand. When this first opportunity arrived, we were a little sad it wasn't a tiny little guy, but it turned out to be just as much fun as we wanted.

When the chance to get in touch with a tiny lion cub, we got there early and snapped our photo. In fact, while waiting for the line to even open April won about $200.00 on a clot machine, making paying for the photo a whole lot easier. ;)

I don't know if it is the presence of critters or our presence in Las Vegas that makes us so damned cute and happy. I just know that I like having the photos, recalling the memories, and spending a few bucks to help keep these magnificent animals alive.

10 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Big cats just bring the beast out of both of you and you look god that way

10:34 AM

 
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Yep, they are all cute and cuddely untill they eat someone. Then suddenly they are maneaters, even if they eat a woman.

Sheesh.

12:58 PM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

Shock and aww.

8:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so jealous! someday i WILL get to play with the baby tigers. I am a huge cat person. :D

4:15 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

There are a lot of different places to encounter the big cats. I'm sure you'll get to play with the kitty some day. Wait. That sounds wrong...and hot.

4:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so awesome. Those are great photos of you and April! I love it. I would love to see and pet those cubs like you did. thanks for sharing, Andy. Much aloha to you.

7:20 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Andy: I'm typing this ater falling off my chair. "The Winnebago Fair". Hey, WTF? A gig is a gig, right. Oh, BTW: Is there a pony tail hidden here? You know this may mean forming an investigative committee. Admit it! It's hidden! (being helped by White Coats back into a chair).

9:20 PM

 
Blogger jules said...

So a year apart in the pictures and you're wearing nearly an identical shirt? Fess up...you're one of those guys who has all the same shirts lined up in his closet.

5:27 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

The pony tail is there, just not in the photo.

And it's the Winnebago County Fair as opposed to a fair celebrating the mibile home & RV brand.

Hey Jules, nice to see you here. Yeah I thought it was funny that I had such similar shirts in similar photos. I should have all the same shirts...like Fonzie! Easier to plan for the week.

8:33 AM

 
Blogger sue said...

Awww... that's just too cute...uh, and you and April are too!

8:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home