Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Ernie Kovacs & The Nairobi Trio

If any of you recall my story about my dad making me watch Ernie Kovacs and his Nairobi Trio sketch, you may have found the story interesting, but still had no idea what the hell I was talking about. Don't worry. A lot of people have no idea what I'm talking about most of the time.


Anyway, click here and watch the classic bit of "back-of-your-head" comedy that Ernie Kovacs was known for. I'm sure many of you won't think it is funny at all, but it certainly might answer a few questions about me. ;)

You may have to go back a few pages in the archives to see it. This site seems to update regularly and changes links on a whim. GRRR!

Moreover, since everyone is planning on some somber 9/11 rememberances, I thought that something funny was more than in order.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gordon D said...

I remember seeing the Nairobi Trio on PBS when I was a young 'un - I have to say, it's a little piece of brilliance with little - to any - intellectual value.

I love it to death.

3:39 AM

 
Blogger jules said...

Thanks for the funny. The day is entirely too serious for me as it is.

5:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to the Nairobe trio, Andy. I thought I would never see them again--now it's something to go watch when days, weeks, seem humourless!

Mom

6:08 AM

 
Blogger Bud said...

Andy, you are the only dude below 50 I ever talked to who remembers and loves that Nairobi Trio bit as much as I do. Thanks for reminding me. I forgot how amazing their timing was. It's astounding that they got that much out of such minimalist delivery.

7:13 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Glad everyone is enjoying the link. Seemed more than appropriate on a say like today.

8:37 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

If anyone had ever told Ernie Kovacs he was going to save people's sanity, he'd've laughed in their faces.

1:52 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Amen, Golfwidow. Amen.

Bud, that sketch actually had many incarnations. The one seen at that website is the one that has survived all the years of tapes being lost & found. But I've seen one where the entire sketch revolved around them building a wall of bricks on a table, all to that same music.

There've been others as well. No matter it was always a genius bit.

3:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home