Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, September 29, 2006

Captcha Can't Answer This

I'm not a big fan of trying out anyone's beta projects and being a guinea pig for free. However I may make an exception if someone can give me an answer to this...

In Blogger Beta, does the blog realize when the owner of the blog is logged in and not make the poor guy work so hard to comment? By that I mean, if I'm logged in and leaving a comment to my own blog, do I still have to add those "captcha" things to prevent spamming? If so, are they easier captchas than anyone else has to enter?

I don't mind doing this already, but why the hell are those captcha text thingamabobs so LONG and convoluted for me in my own blog? I go to other blogs and the text I type in to leave a comment is something like, "PeuTd" or something equally as simple. The font is always easy for me to read and I never have to add it twice. I try to leave a comment on my own blog and the text I get stuck having to type in is usually,

"xvwijjilmnustyvyjikkjilwmxxzyzsaoqpqqqgppg
qqpgpjuyvovojijjlkesnnufuufuufuuvuwwwwvwuvuxizzisiudjdjjj"

What the hell? I just want to respond to my relatively few, but always entertaining readers. Why the hell am I always the one having to work so hard to comment on my own blog?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I happen to be using the blogger beta thingey for a side project so I gave it a test. Sadl, the word verification is just as bad if not worse. THe one I'm looking at in the other window is about nine letters long and about as illegible as your average Norwiegan metal band's logo.

Sadly, there's no easy way (that I'm aware of) to migrate an existing blogger blog to the beta, which turned me off of using (or even trying) it initially. Bit of a dissapointment, because the new features are quite nice, it actually starts to take blogger.com out of the stone age.

7:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, I don't notice any difference in the captcha thing with Beta as opposed to the original. they really shouldn't make users enter the code that on their OWN blogs. it doesn't make any sense!

9:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say Hi. I like your new design. Looks great! Much aloha.

12:47 PM

 
Blogger sue said...

I'm scared to go to Beta. Really scared.

8:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home