Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Time to Go

I bought these 14 gram, nickel/tungsten soft-tip darts some time around 1990 at a now defunct store in Park Ridge, Illinois. While I've not played them as much as I'd have liked over the years, I've always held on to them.

I've kept them in the glove compartment of just about every vehicle I've owned during this time, just in case I find myself somewhere with an electronic dart board and a few quarters to spend. They damn near kept me from dying of boredom back in my circus days. Many times I'd find myself wishing there were SOMETHING to do in Bumblefook, Kentucky or where the hell I was, only to be thankful I had my darts in the car and a bar near by.

Well...The time has come to say goodbye. It's a little like saying goodbye to an old friend I'm actually a little weepy thinking about it. However, the case for these things has become in a bad state and it has to go. Broken hinges, worn out holders for the tips and flights, time to go!

What? HELL, NO I'm not getting rid of the darts! What kind of monster do you think I am? Those still fly straight and occasionally hit the marks I'm aiming for. I love those darts and they're not going anywhere! Zeesh!

;)


I met with Sherilyn from the Passionate Darter today, along with officially meeting Jim of the King of Darts. Somehow, my hope to alert the darters of the world to a great investment opportunity has turned into a ridiculous pipe dream of me owning this shop, either myself or with a Passionate Darter partner. I have absolutely no idea how this would work, since I own NOTHING, have no collateral, have bad credit, and no hope of any lender or issuer of grants taking me seriously. That being said, it would be fun to have something to do when I'm not entertaining. I may just not panic so much during the slow times.

I'd certainly appreciate any information on how to secure funding from someone who has done the same to open their own business.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

"own NOTHING, have no collateral, have bad credit, "

So you are normal.

8:17 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

And that means I won't get a loan.

Normal people don't get loans so far as I know.

8:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take the $.95 - You are on your way. Don't forget to check your lotto numbers...I have never known a millionaire before. sjh

9:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, now I want a set of darts!

1:12 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Maybe you could come on over and charm the pants off the loan officer...literally. Once they're off, well do whatever the hell you want so long as I get my money.

I'd try it, but the cute chicks at my bank aren't in a loan-issuing capacity and the guys...aren't my type.

8:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home