Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Nude Hippo: Your Chicago Show

Yes, my friends I have actually appeared on a program called "Nude Hippo: Your Chicago Show". In fact, the first time I was ever on the program it was called "The Big, Fat, Nude Hippo Show", which is CLEARLY a better name, right? The other one is just silly!

I've done some comedy & juggling segments and have even made a few appearances as a reporter for the program. I've only seen a few of the pieces I recorded. They are a Chicago cable show (meaning: available to Chicago city proper folks and a bit beyond) and I'm not in their broadcast area nor on their cable system. So I've no idea what kind of work I've ever done for them.

I do know, that in the segments I've seen, most of the really funny stuff was edited out. This may just be my opinion, but I always hope to have my own program one day so I can make sure the best stuff hits the airways, regardless of whom I'll offend. Things get cut for time constraints, for content, for all sorts of reasons so I don't ever get bent out of shape about it.

Thanks to YouTube, both you and I can see at least one segment I did for Nude Hippo. Perhaps if they see enough folks clicking on the link or commenting, they'll feel compelled to upload even more Andy Martello segments. Perhaps I could even be a (semi) regular on the show...Just like all these years. ;)




Anyway, enjoy my trip to the Riddell Helmet factory in Chicago.

9 Comments:

Blogger Logophile said...

I can't believe you didn't go for the live in-person helmet test, maaaaan, Are you a pu...wimp?
:p
I feel so left out that I am not among the 12 people who get this show.

8:45 PM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

I need one of those Helmet Testers next to my desk. I don't even necessarily want to put people's heads in it. A pumpkin carcass might be a sufficient word to passersby as to my mood.

3:07 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

P.S. I just noticed that the yellow and red together on your new skin looks like a red hot with yellow mustard.

It's too early for me to be this hungry.

3:11 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

I kept fantsizing the head of the hateful woman at the DMV at the end of that pendulum... Morning violence is never a good thing.

You make a great reporter Andy!

3:34 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Genius name, alll told. Because of the name, way more people have found their website over the years than ever would have otherwise. lol

Kim, I make a smart-ass reporter. I ask all sorts of questions and then be my smart-ass self. If it turns out as a good piece I'm amazed. But you really should see the stuff they cut out. Much funnier than the piece that runs for air.

Hell, I haven't seen most of my work from that show, funny or otherwise!

Yep, the helmet tester rocked! I wouldn't want to be in there when the hammer falls, but I'd definitely like to smask crap all day with the thing.

7:19 AM

 
Blogger sue said...

Fun had by all! (Except maybe the test dummy.) Who knew you could do interviews in a helmet? You are so versitile...

7:33 AM

 
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Heh...I need that helmet basher tool! *evil grin*

8:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's awesome that you got to do that! Cool name, Nude Hippo. :)

9:42 AM

 
Blogger Webmiztris said...

HAWT helmut, andy. :D did you get to keep it? ;)

4:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home