Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Thanks, Sue!

Tuesday, April and I got to head out to LaSalle, IL to visit Sue, my mother-in-law . I haven't gotten to see her new house since she moved out there and April hasn't had a chance to visit since before Mother's Day.

Sue insisted that we not mail her Mother's Day gift and rather, bring it when we could. I didn't know Sue had a birthday present for me and I can only assume April told her to hold on to it until we could get there to bring her present.

So when we got there the belated gift exchange began. She loved her goodies and I was very happy to receive a cool walking stick with a penguin at the top. Since I don't have my digital camera handy I'll show you a photo of a similar stick, but not the exact one I received. One of these days I'll snap a shot of the real stick for your viewing pleasure. Mine is taller and all carved wood, and not this molded sculpture on a smaller cane (I like mine way better!)

Sue also handed me a most excellent Opus birthday card with a check inside. Cash...is there anything it can't do? I was happy as a clam with the walking stick so the check was quite literally too much. However, she was planning on giving me something from my Ten Things Tuesday Birthday list or at least give me some dough to put me on the path and so...

Can you believe some people put markers and crap in this thing?Today I purchased one of those cool craft totes to transform into my new prop bag. This thing is HUGE and emptied out a couple of bags from my car's trunk. Now I have something a little more "airplane travel-ready" as well as a neater look for my stage show. I need to make a few adjustments to it and tweak it out a bit to make it more stage ready, but right now it is chock-full of props and resting in my car, waiting for my gig later today at the Buffalo Grove Park District.

Thanks so much, Sue! You're the best In-Law a guy could ask for!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Cool stiuck! I've been looking over those totes too but can't find one big enough to hold all my stuff and still fit in my trunk. So I usually wind up with three smaller totes. All that stuff is mostly for insurance. You know, so I'm sure I have the right stuff for any job.

8:53 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

I covet that stick.

My mother-in-law's name is Sue, too.

1:09 PM

 
Blogger sue said...

Well, I previously posted a comment but it evidently ended up in the ozone. Hmmm...

I want one of those craft totes, too... for my crafts! (What Hubs calls 'crap').

Very nice. Oh, and she has a good name, too. :)

6:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home