Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Monday, July 24, 2006

Ten Things Tuesday: Pros & Cons of Working at/Attending the County Fair

  • Pro: Fart all you want. Everyone assumes it came from a barn.
  • Con: You hear that Toby Keith song about shoving a boot in your ass every five minutes.
  • Pro: Farmer's daughters. LOTS of farmer's daughters!
  • Con: All the best lookin' sheep are taken.
  • Pro: If you left your teeth on the nightstand - NO PROBLEM!
  • Con: There's a place where Trace Adkins actually gets work.
  • Pro: Food on sticks!!!
  • Con: If you park in the wrong place you get all too good a view of the demolition derby.
  • Pro: Chickens with fuzzy feet, pot-bellied pigs, and baby cows.
  • Con: "Pig-fucker" is not considered an insult.

6 Comments:

Blogger sue said...

What you didn't realize was you were working yourself up to the granddaddy of them all, the Iowa State Fair, Aug. 10-20. :)

7:15 AM

 
Blogger sue said...

Obviously, when speaking of said fair all good English and grammar goes right out the window... *sigh*

7:16 AM

 
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

*sigh* farmers girls.

Sounds like they may have good BBQ there also. I love BBQ.

1:07 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

I got to experience said pro's and con's first hand today.
Wooooo eeeeee...

Does Farmer's son's count??
Oh and I thought I saw Trace Adkins...

1:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Food on sticks! Well put ;-)

Pass the corn on the cob and cotton candy, will ya?

11:11 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

I was at a county fair once and saw a guy wearing only one shoe. I said, "Hey, d'ja lose a shoe?" and he said, "Nope. Found one."

(I wish I could remember where I first heard that. It's one of my favorite clean jokes.)

3:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home