Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Stuff to Watch, Stuff to Listen to

July 4th was a special day for me. Not only did I have a good-paying booking in Wisconsin, but I was able to increase both my CD and DVD collections.

First off, April bought me a late birthday present, one which I've been patiently and eagerly waiting for, "Doctor Who, The Complete First Series".

I'm back in the Doctor Who madness full-swing, thanks to the superb new series. I've been watching all of the extra features like crazy for the last couple of days and I'm sure I'll wear out all the encoding on the discs soon.

Next, something that I've been waiting even longer for, "American V, A Hundred Highways", by Johnny Cash. I'll have a full review of my own after a few more thorough listenings. Otherwise you may click here for a review and some sound samples. Until I give you my full opinion on the work I'll just say in the brief overview that this, like the previous American recordings, sits comfortably among the finest music ever recorded. This CD, while somber & sad at times, never steers away from the masterful story-telling of Cash and the brilliant production artistry of Rick Rubin.

A gig, Doctor Who, and Johnny Cash. Beat THAT for a perfect Independence Day!

Oh yeah, I also had HAMBURGER CAKE waiting for me in my fridge at home. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Webmiztris said...

omg, that hamburger cake looks lethal!!

10:16 AM

 
Blogger sue said...

I feel a coma coming on... and that's just looking at it!

Enjoy!

10:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is cool, I feel like I have my own personal dvd/cd reviewer ;-)

12:46 PM

 
Blogger Spook said...

Hm, the Dr Who DVD set... what *are* the extras on that?

9:50 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Thre are all of the "Doctor Who Confidential" mini specials, there's commentary on EVERY episode. There's trailers and a few other things I haven't seen yet.

7:55 PM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

I wept over the Gordon Lightfoot cover. His voice is so weak in comparison to his prime, but the emotion is so raw.

I'm such a girl.

12:32 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

THAT'S how good the CD is. Even the presence of a Gordon Lightfoot song doesn't ruin it. ;)

1:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home