Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Introduction to "Best Song Ever!"


I'm not sure if I'm going to make this a weekly installment or just a sporadic posting, but I've decided that it is time I spout out nothing more than my own over-indulgent opinions about some of my all-time favorite songs. For lack of a better idea I'll be titling these posts, "Best Song Ever!"

Understand that I'm a bit odd with regard to my favorite songs. Everyone has a song or two that they can listen to a few times in a row. My favorite songs are ones where I can quite actually listen to them 10, 20, 30 times in a row, if not more. Seriously. No problem at all. I could let 30 minutes to an hour go by and not hear a differing note from some other song.

I tried to make a mix tape of such songs and found out it was extremely difficult to enjoy because I'd rarely get past the first song. Some of them I like for their content. Others are on my list for my emotional attachment to them. Some I just like because they're just guilty pleasures.

This is just to give you fair warning that I'll occasionally be rattling off some sort of Andy-centric nonsense about songs that, in my opinion, hold the universe together. Had these songs not been written and recorded the world just wouldn't quite be the same. Many of these songs are ridiculous and might not be included on any such list written by more qualified folks than myself.

Until then, I'll do a very stereotypical "please leave comments" kind of blog thing and ask you...What are your all-time favorite songs? Do you have any songs that you can listen to so many times, people around you would worry for your sanity?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Strangely, I don't have any songs that fit into that category. I have lots of favs and no real top ten. But I'm like that with most things. I like a lot of variety. To my way of thinking, picking favs of anything is too exclusive. I'm all about inclusiveness.

7:32 AM

 
Blogger Spook said...

Classical Gas (original or Eric Clapton's version)

Crown of Worms (Megadeth)

The Drapery Falls (Opeth)

Fiddler on the Green (Demons & Wizards)

Popcorn (Hot Butter)

Fell on Black Days (Soundgarden)

Rat Finks, Suicide Tanks, and Cannibal Girls (White Zombie)

Hey Pretty (Poe)

...To name a few off the top of my head.

8:38 AM

 
Blogger Pammy said...

Just to name a few....

Dancin' in the Moonlight - King Harvest

Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

Gimme One Reason - Tracy Chapman

Creola - Jimmy Buffett

Pachelbel's Canon in D

In My Life - The Beatles

God Bless the Child - Billie Holliday

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Lake Shore Drive - Aliotta, Haynes & Jeremiah

American Pie - Don McLean

There's also an instrumental by Santana, but I can't think of the name right now to save my ass. (Senior moment)

8:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haa!" by Napoleon XIV

It's perfect. It's almost as cool as LOUIE LOUIE, or even FEELINGS (Nothing More But). Almost.

go to this site:
http://www.philxmilstein.com/probe/
(a friend of E.P.)

... then scroll down to session 16

It will CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!

12:10 PM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

LOL @ Jade!

4:47 PM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

Too numerous to mention. There are memes all over my blog that list them. Don't make me collect URLs.

12:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home