Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Saturday, July 15, 2006

After My Gig Today...

Well known for his big cigar.April and I are off to Ravinia to catch some lawn, drink some wine, and listen to the unbridled power and musical majesty of Sir Tom Jones!

HELL YEAH!

We've been fortunate enough to see him perform three times before (twice in Vegas and once at the House of Blues in Chicago) and I can't wait for this one. It has been awhile since we've been able to see him. He's been a bit pricey whenever he's been around of late. However, lawn seats at Ravinia cost us about $30.00 total and since he's got a voice strong enough we could probably hear him from our balcony, that should be more than good enough for us.

I'm really hoping I can get there in time to get some good viewing & listening space though. His opening act is Etta James and I'm DYING to hear her. This should be one amazing night! Let's hope for low humidity, few mosquitoes, and no rain. OK, maybe enough rain to chase away the crowds, but not enough to ruin the evening. ;)

Swingin' the Lead

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Color me green with envy! Have a fabulous time, dear!!!

6:33 AM

 
Blogger golfwidow said...

I love Tom Jones and Etta James. Very jealous. Have a good time.

1:06 PM

 
Blogger Chance said...

Sounds great, but was the speedo pic really necessary?

/eyebleach/

11:53 PM

 
Blogger sue said...

I've been a TJ fan for years and years and years ... yeah, he's been around that long. LOL!

Love Etta James, too.

Boy, you are a lucky guy. Let us know how it was!!

6:10 AM

 
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

I am a big Etta James fan, you will enjoy the show!

10:02 AM

 
Blogger Gordon D said...

If either one of you gets sick, I am more than willing to drive up to Chicago and accompany the other to the show.

(Man, if thinking an Etta James/Tom Jones double bill is so totally cool is wrong...I just don't wanna be right)

10:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home