Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day & THE INTERVIEW!

A Happy Father's Day to all. Seriously, to everyone. Even if you're not a father, or worse...a MOTHER, you've got a great excuse to have a good day. So relax and enjoy. If you have a father or know one, give them a call.

I was thinking a lot about Father's Day prior to today. My dad passed away some years back but I still think about him and write some things about him here and there. However, it was a conversation with a completely unrelated Martello that got me thinking about today.

As many of you know, I've been corresponding with Bob Martello, nephew of Willie Martello & co-worker at the El Rey Club. The more I hear from the guy, the more I've been enjoying our talks. Even if we don't get to talk for long or sometimes forget to even discuss the El Rey he is just a joy to talk to. Lots of great stories, a good attitude, and an extraordinary life are unearthed with each passing e-mail and phone call.

Bob would be about one year younger than my own dad so when I talk to him, I get a taste of what these types of discussions would be like with my own dad. Everyone should take some time to hear about the lives of their parents as they connect us to history and can educate us on the future. I get the feeling that most everyone in his family has heard these stories already so perhaps having a new set of ears to listen makes it a bit more enjoyable for Bob.

He too is a father with some great kids and he should be celebrating today. What sparked this bout of sentimentality was some recent photos he sent me. One photo in particular, seems like the PERFECT image to share on Father's Day. I am sure Bob wouldn't mind me posting it here as he love s this photo as much as I do.

Check out this photograph of a young Bob alongside his father, Tony Martello, "The man who started it all", according to Bob. This is just a classic old photo of a father and a son, looking sharp in their long jackets and hats. A couple of sharp-dressed men ready to take on the world.

Happy Father's Day, Bob, and every dad out there.

On this Father's Day you can read a great article that will demonstrate exactly why being a good dad is so important. Believe me, if you read this piece you will definitely not want your kid to end up like THIS ONE!

THE INTERVIEW with Andy Martello is up and running until Thursday at MICHAEL MANNING'S Blog. I think it turned out quite well all told. It's a long one, probably because I talk too freakin' much, but it seems pretty funny and enjoyable to me and everyone knows I hate myself!

During the week I'll be sharing some of the edited segments from the piece. These were edited for time, but also to protect Michael's rather wholesome & professional reputation (Some really funny stuff I said would probably KILL his regular readers and fans. LOL!) Since I have no reputation to uphold and no career to protect, I'll share with the class here and offer up some companion pieces to his excellent article.


Be sure to leave a comment for him if you are just finding his site. He needs to know that someone other than I am reading his work. ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

You already know what I thought of the interview, but I did want to add that the picture of little Bob is precious.

10:06 AM

 
Blogger Andy Land said...

Yeah, that pic just makes me sile every time I see it. And I don't really know either of these people. lol

10:24 AM

 
Blogger Bud said...

Thanks for the good Fathers' Day wishes. I loved the interview, Andy! I guess I'll put my blogger comments back.

12:27 PM

 
Blogger Webmiztris said...

that pic is so cute. I love looking at really old photographs.

3:19 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

The interview was fun, Andy!!!

9:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home